Question This can't be happening

HEVY

I put dd in her seat today and the harness looked too low. I'm gonna take a ruler with me tommorrow to make sure. On first glance it looked like the harness is even with her shoulders, but if I feel with my fingers it seems the bottom of the harness slot is just below her shoulders. She is measuring at 42 1/2 inches and torso at 16 1/3 * I think I was told at one point that the harness has to be even with the harness slot, if it's pushing it down it's too low and if it's not it's fine. The next, and last, slot seems way too high, like to the top of her ear high. What to do :question:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If her shoulder is honestly over the slot, move them up. It won't hurt her to have them that high. It'll just look funny.

Wendy

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wouldn't want to have to be measuring every day. I'd move them up. At least then you won't have to move them again! :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
When in doubt, move them up...:thumbsup: (fair warning, though...she'll shrink as soon as you do! For a month or so you'll question your decision and want to move them back down, because her shoulders will go below that lower slot...trust me, happens to everyone :D)

ginny4

QUOTE=joolsplus3;506891]When in doubt, move them up...:thumbsup: (fair warning, though...she'll shrink as soon as you do! For a month or so you'll question your decision and want to move them back down, because her shoulders will go below that lower slot...trust me, happens to everyone :D)[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat: & then you'll move back down, then back up.....:dizzy::D

tiggercat

Did you check without her buckled?

I was checking Megan's with her buckled, and she was AT the 2nd to top slots of her MA for ages. One time I checked without buckling and she was way over! Being a compulsive harness tightener, I'd been squishing her down below the slots for months :whistle: ETA, once I moved them up, she was obviously over the 2nd from top slots even at the end of a long car ride.

It's not dangerous to have the slots at her ears, much better than having them below her shoulders.

HEVY

I used a ruler to see the level and it tilted up at the shoulder and was lower at the slot. I'm so tired to be taking out 2 Regents and reinstalling them :(
Why the heck does she keep growing? LOL, I'm not trying to be stupid but she's been growing for months now, what ever happen to good old fashioned growing spurts.

Shaunam

Don't forget to post new pics when you move them up...I wanna see how big she's getting!

I agonized over when to move DS from the 2nd to 3rd slots. I switched them back and forth a few times before I realized that there were going to be times he seemed right at the second slots and times he seemed just over. In the end I decided that it was all in my head that the straps looked to high and left them in the 3rd slots. Within a few weeks I was used to seeing them high. He did eventualy grow and they weren't so high anymore. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC