Nautilus questions

christineka

I am considering purchasing the nautilus for my ds sometime in the future. (When I can scrape up the money.) This is just a purchase to make him happy. He wants a cup holder and a seat that looks like a booster.

I measured my car's seat and the nautilus. Is it okay for the nautilus to hang over the seat? The base should fit, but the arm rest won't. That's okay right?

Also, I was wondering what the torso hight is on the booster. I'm planning to sell a turbobooster and wondered if the nautilus would be about the same hight. (Or better)

Christine

ADS

mburks26

I am considering purchasing the nautilus for my ds sometime in the future. (When I can scrape up the money.) This is just a purchase to make him happy. He wants a cup holder and a seat that looks like a booster.

I measured my car's seat and the nautilus. Is it okay for the nautilus to hang over the seat? The base should fit, but the arm rest won't. That's okay right?

Also, I was wondering what the torso hight is on the booster. I'm planning to sell a turbobooster and wondered if the nautilus would be about the same hight. (Or better)

Christine

The Nautilus can not hang over the seat at all. Its in the manual. You can go to gracobaby.com and go under boosters and it will have the manual.

What is the make model yr of the car? I have installed the Nautilus in a 95 honda civic and a 2000 TransAm and they have small back seats and it does not hang off at all even in recline mode that is the only way it will fit anyway.

Not sure what you mean by the "the base should fit, but the arm rest won't?"

The torso hight is about the same as the turbo booster 19 ish. In harness mode 18 to 18.50 depending on how it sits in the car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can measure tonight after dd goes to bed. I need to clean the sat pad anyway.

christineka

I mean hang off the side. The base would fit, but the arm rest would be on the side where there is no bench. I have a 97 ford aerostar. The bench measures 52 inches across. I've got a turbobooster and radian there. I've got 18 inches of empty seat. (I measured what is left. The radian is stuck where it is and I'm not moving it.) The nautilus' base is only 15 inches. The arm rest would be an inch out. I know the turbobooster can't hang off the front of the seat, but when asked no one was really sure whether it could hang off the side or not. I get 20 inches for the turbobooster's top guide. (I've been measuring it in case I sell it.)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Based on my ds sitting in the seats, the TB and the GN are practically identical in highest booster setting:

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Nautilus can not hang over the seat at all. Its in the manual. You can go to gracobaby.com and go under boosters and it will have the manual.

Can you tell me what page to find that on? I keep missing it. I found where it says that for booster mode, but not harness mode. Thanks!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Can you tell me what page to find that on? I keep missing it. I found where it says that for booster mode, but not harness mode. Thanks!

Page 18. Doesn't specify booster or harness mode; it's in a "general use" section, and the picture shown doesn't show any method of install, either.

crunchierthanthou

are you looking at the paper version? I swear the online version used to only say it in the booster section (page 45)- which is typical Graco booster manual wording. Now it says it in the front/general section.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC