Eddie Bauer - Backpack Carrier (Hiking?)

ctbcleveland

Hi - I know what everyone thinks here about Eddie Bauer Car Seats....

My Aunt bought something similar to this at a Garage Sale for us.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Bauer-Chi...ryZ20412QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We have a trip coming up and would like to do some hiking. We are bringing our VALCO, but want flexibility if there are trails that aren't stroller ready.

My DS is 14 MOS and 25 lbs.

I know Kelty is the best...but I don't want to buy one in case he hates it. Anyone know who makes these? Any good/bad experience with this product?

ADS

jubgulia

I don't know anything about the Eddie Bauer backpack, but I am looking to sell a Kelty backpack carrier in perfect condition that looks like this:

View attachment 2370

View attachment 2371

It opens up at the back for the child carrier and then you can close it up when the child isn't in it. There is a large zippered compartment and it has mesh pockets on the side. The front zips off and is a little backpack.

Last edited:

Kyras_Mama

This is TOTALLY a preference thing, but you may want to try wearing it around a little before you actually try a long hike in it! I tried carrying our Godson in his framed carrier and it KILLS our backs, but his mom loves it! Now when we've got him for a zoo trip or what have you, if I don't put him in the stroller he rides in our daughter's Ergo w/ the backpack attachment and he does great but his mom HATES the Ergo because it's too hot. :)

skaterbabs

Not all framed backpacks are created equal. Some are WONDERFUL. Others, notsomuch. I've had both, and all I can say is get one rated to a higher weight than you think you'll need, and get one designed for hiking. The Eddie Bauer is what I'd term a "supermarket brand", not a good hiking one. This means it may be fine for a smaller child, but won't last as long as an actual hiking backpack.

ctbcleveland

Thanks everyone!

We've already got the Eddie Bauer at home - so maybe I will try it out this weekend. We've got other Kelty camping gear, and I were buying one myself, that is what I'd get. There are actually several available here locally (used).

The EB one goes up to 40 lbs, so my son is only about half way there on weight. He is at the age where he wants to walk everyone (by himself), so again, I am hesitant to throw money on gear that one be used.

skaterbabs

My daughter was (is) like that as well, but she really enjoyed the backpack. It was a lifesaver at sports events and even in the grocery store! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC