Crying about legs while FFing??

fyrfightermomma

So my 3 year old has recently turned forward facing for the most part(except long drives, freeways etc) for various reasons.

We just got her a Recaro Signo which appears to have the same leg depth as the MA that she has occasionally ridden in FFing.

The few times we've driven any distance in her new seat she has started crying, grabs a leg (different each time) and says 'boo boos" she doesn't talk enough to tell me exactly what shes feeling or what hurts. Everytime its a different leg.

She has never done this before. I turned her Signo RFing just to see if its the seat, and she was fine, so I think its the FFing.

I've never had this issue before. I'm assuming her legs are falling asleep or something. How do you fix this?? (other than RFing, which I already know)

Do kids outgrow it?? Her knees bend perfectly at the edge of the seat now, so what will happen as she grows and the backs of her legs arent supported anymore? Will it get worse??

Any seats that don't cause this as much?

ADS

TerisBoys

Can you take something soft along (old pillow, foam cooler, etc) for her to use as a footrest to see if that helps?

People have made them out of a pool noodle too - just thread a piece of rope through a piece of noodle and run it through the RF beltpath of her seat. (Don't have time to search, hopefully someone will post a link)

fyrfightermomma

Can you take something soft along (old pillow, foam cooler, etc) for her to use as a footrest to see if that helps?

People have made them out of a pool noodle too - just thread a piece of rope through a piece of noodle and run it through the RF beltpath of her seat. (Don't have time to search, hopefully someone will post a link)

Hmmm..we have a minivan and the Signo is on a huge base....I don't think anything will reach from her feet to the floor that I can think of! The pool noodle is a great idea though. Does someone have a pic?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Here are some photos of a pool noodle foot rest on my Nautilus

S8000811-1.jpg

S8000812.jpg

S8000810-1.jpg

(It is adjustable, so it will be moved down as DN grows).

Ali

DD complained the first time I turned her FF (at 2 years, 9 months) that I turned her back RF until 2 weeks ago. She was consistently hitting 32lbs, so I had no choice, but to turn her FF.

I made her pool noodle footrests and they are helping. I got the webbing at JoAnn's, the pool noodle at Target (but they're out now), and I put a piece of PVC pipe inside the noodle, so she couldn't rip right through the noodle. The pix make it look like it's sticking out, but it's not and it's not moving. I had to pound to get it in there, then threw it at myself to see if it hurt - it didn't.

She complains sometimes, but we haven't done any long trips yet. DH gets to experience that next week - hee hee!

View attachment 2368

Last edited:

TXAggieTech

We use the pool noodle for DS. Same thing, FFing he complains about his legs and doesn't sleep well otherwise.

We used a long strip of velco tape instead of string. It is really easy to take on and off and adjust. Plus we don't lose the floor space like we would with a cooler.

Ali

I did! I wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt if it came off in a crash. I didn't want it hitting DD in the head and it causing her injury. :love:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I put a piece of PVC pipe inside the noodle, so she couldn't rip right through the noodle. ]

That is genius!

So far, DN hasn't pushed down too much on her footrest, so there haven't been any problems, but I will have to keep the PVC pipe in mind for when this one does break.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC