Ugh, some one took a car seat out of my trash.

kittykate

It was the EFTA that Evenflo had had me cut the harness out of. I had removed the harness, taken off the cover, cut out the tether and latch straps and took chunks out of the foam and put it in black trash bag under all of out other trash and some one still took it this morning.

I feel sick, I know that one of the ignorant scrappers will either use the carseat themselves or give it to a friend. I see so many kids arround here riding in seats that have obviously been pulled from the trash/ junkyard. (Where else do you get a car seat with no harness, no cover and "crashed" written on it in Sharpie? :thumbsdown:)

I guess from now on I will be taking a sledge hammer to the seats before I trow them out :(

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Sledge hammer might not be enough unless you're super strong + really dedicated + have a lot of anger to release :p Power saw is my friend....

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Perhaps someone took it to recycle the plastic...at least we can only hope:shrug-shoulders: You did the right thing though. Sometimes there's just no stopping people. :(

Simplysomething

Shoot, when I had to throw out a car-seat (I don't remember why I had to do it)... I did the cutting of the harness, the shredding of the cover, the scribbling of the sharpie, and I put it in side of a black trash bag, and then put THAT inside of another trash bag, then hid it under really gross garbage.

What do we have to do to prevent people from using discarded seats? I dunno. Maybe print up a thingy and tape it to the seat saying "THIS SEAT WILL KILL YOUR KID" in the prevalent languages of your area--in addition to scribbling all over it. you must apparently HIDE it...and uh...put a spell on it to make it invisible. Or something

tjham

I dumped old salsa and used kitty litter all over one that I was throwing away! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

amyg530

you know i may sound insensitive for saying this but i think the kids of parents who use seats like that or rig up destroyed ones to use, well those kids are probably just screwed no matter what b.c theres probably just as bad or worse things those parents are doing anyway:twocents:

tjham

I dumped old salsa and used kitty litter all over one that I was throwing away! :rolleyes:

Guess I should have added that I ALSO took off the cover, took off the straps, cut off the adjuster and wrote "crashed, do not use" all over it. And I put it in a big black trash bag.

I tend to agree with you, Amy:

Quote: you know i may sound insensitive for saying this but i think the kids of parents who use seats like that or rig up destroyed ones to use, well those kids are probably just screwed no matter what b.c theres probably just as bad or worse things those parents are doing anyway

4boysmom

Lets pray they are using it as a dining booster??? Isn't it pretty much a really bad booster now since it is harnessless? Or I guess the plan is to use the belt path and then rope as a harness??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC