New Car Seat

startrace96

I found a new car seat for my DD. It's the Safety 1st Avenue. Here's a pic of her in it. I've not had time to install it in my car to see how it goes. It's suppose to be exactly like the uptown, and the uptown worked good in the car, so I figure this on will. the smallest slot for the strap in between
10 - 10 1/2inches and the top slot is 16 inches. I'm not sure if that a good height for the top or not. My DD is almost 14 months and she's in the bottom slot, but I'm not sure if that the norm or I think she's smaller than most 14 month olds. But (so far) if you need a cheaper on to get you by until you can get a more expensive one this one would be pretty good. I paid a total of 80.00 tax & all, and I had it shipped to Sears. (thats the only place I could find it). The DOM is 6-14-08. and it expires Dec. 2016.

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sixteen inches is a great top harness slot height for a seat in the category the Avenue is in! :D

What I mean is, the only seats I can think of that have higher slots are all HWH (high weight harness) seats, such as the True Fit, Radian, Marathon, etc.

startrace96

Ok good I think that should last her a long time then. Like I said she's only at the 1st one and she's only 19 pounds at 14 months.

Mommy2Marcus

She looks great in that seat! My 21 month old is only on the 2nd slots for RF in the Uptown & I would have to say he is average. I like the looks of the Avenue over the Uptown though. I however think I am still going to get another EFTA, but mostly b/c I think it will be easier for my MIL to use properly!

courtfrog2

Can someone send a link to this carseat. It's interesting! My niece is having a baby soon and I got her a britax companion, but this might be good for after she outgrows that! I'm not buying her next seat! LOL>

jka1217

She looks great in the Avenue! Looks like you have a lot of growing room too. :thumbsup:

Can someone send a link to this carseat. It's interesting! My niece is having a baby soon and I got her a britax companion, but this might be good for after she outgrows that! I'm not buying her next seat! LOL>

It's not on the Safety 1st website yet, I think it's only on Sears.com with 2 cover choices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC