Seat Comparison Pics (Lots of pics)

Mommy2Five

Thought a comparison might be helpful. :)
Same child, same day (most), same vehicle seat, and same seatbelt install in all pics.

My 4.3 y/o DS who is 34 lbs:

In DDs Husky. Just below the Bottom slots!!
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

In the Nautilus. Just below the 2nd to top slots.
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

In the True Fit. Just above the 2nd to top slots.
IMG_0029-1.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

In the EFTA. Lots of growing room.
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

In his Radian. Just at the 2nd to top slots.
IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

In the Alpha Omega Elite. about an inch over the top slots. (the next day)
IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

MORE TO FOLLOW:

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy2Five

The Uptown (a few days later) : About an inch of room to grow.
IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

And just because he wanted to try out "big kid seats", and I had to indulge him for being such a good seat model :) (he's still RF, and nowhere near booster mature)

The Monterey.
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

The Turbo.
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

And just because it's stinkin' hilarious!

Just barely too tall, and a few lbs too heavy for a SS1!! :p
IMG_0044.jpg

Hope this helps someone, but if not, I had a fun day playing with seats :D.

Last edited:

scatterbunny

AWESOME pics! :thumbsup: What set of slots on the Husky would he need (and that's installed without the recline bar, right?)? It appears that he'd need the second-from-bottom, just barely.

And this really illustrates how short the AOE's top slots are. :thumbsdown: Even though they are higher than the older-style AO, they are still too short to get lots of kids to 40 pounds in the harness.

Mommy2Five

He's just below the bottom slots of the Husky when he's relaxed, and not cheesing for a picture :D Lol.

Oh, and yes the husky is installed w/o the recline bar.

scatterbunny

Wow--so a child who has outgrown the AOE by height could use the bottom slots of a Husky, amazing! When my dd outgrew her regular AO by height and we got a Husky, we had to use the second-to-bottom slots because she was slightly over the bottom ones already.

ProudMomof5

The pic of him in the SS1 is HILARIOUS! Can you imagine the LOOKS and comments you'd get if he was actually using that seat...! LMBO... too funny.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
If you hadn't shown a picture with it, I'd never believe that a 4 year old is on the bottom slots of the Regent! Every kid I tried in that seat was at least on the second slots. (Well, except the 3 month old I tried in it just for fun. But he doesn't count of course.) The youngest I seriously tried in it was two years old.

Mommy2Five

Does the Regent have the same shell as the Huskies did? Someone on another board asked me how they compare, and I couldn't answer ??

scatterbunny

My dd was 2.5 when she started using a Husky, and she needed the second-from-bottom slots. :p

The Husky and Regent have the same shell and slot heights, but installation rules are different. The recline bar is required on Regents made since June 07, IIRC, and IME a more reclined seat=less height room, even if top slots measure the same, so kids tend to have a little less height growing room than in a Husky installed w/o recline bar.

Mommy2Five

My dd was 2.5 when she started using a Husky, and she needed the second-from-bottom slots. :p

The Husky and Regent have the same shell and slot heights, but installation rules are different. The recline bar is required on Regents made since June 07, IIRC, and IME a more reclined seat=less height room, even if top slots measure the same, so kids tend to have a little less height growing room than in a Husky installed w/o recline bar.

Thanks for the explanation :thumbsup: Makes sense!

Kat_Momof3

Wow... first, just in case I would forget to say it... SCARY how well your son (and my daughter, but especially your son at this age... he fits like Ruthie did when she was 2 in the Turbo) fits into boosters.

Okay... now... I have to say, because I have no pics as I am awaiting a new battery charger for my new (to me) camera that is replacing the camera that Jeffrey broke by accident. I have tried Ruthie in the EFTA, and I got about the same amount of room as with her in the GN... now, granted, it wasn't installed, but we never lost space in the Triumph (regular/old), so I expect it would be the same... something about the way the seat/beltpaths are designed, I think.

Anyway... Do you not just LOVE how the Nautilus fits him?

Scary, though, that he'd be in the top slots of the True Fit.

Last car seat you'll ever need, my butt. I saw the ad again in the psych's waiting room when I was waiting on Damian during his appointment and just had to laugh at the statement.

scatterbunny

Scary, though, that he'd be in the top slots of the True Fit.

Last car seat you'll ever need, my butt. I saw the ad again in the psych's waiting room when I was waiting on Damian during his appointment and just had to laugh at the statement.

Looking back at her photos, he has more room in the True Fit (both seat shell and top slot height) than in the EFTA, and that seems pretty true to my impressions of both seats. The True Fit is a nice seat that will last longer than the Marathon IMO, at least as long as the EFTA, making the "last car seat you'll ever need" pretty accurate for most kids who will be harnessed to age 5-6 and then move to a booster. It doesn't compare to the Nautilus, but it isn't meant to, since it's a convertible seat, not a combination. It's meant to compete with the Radian, Marathon and EFTA, and I think it does that very well. :)

Mama!

I thought she was referring to the AO ad where it says "The last seat you'll ever need" :confused:

Thanks for the pictures!

Mommy2Five

Okay... now... I have to say, because I have no pics as I am awaiting a new battery charger for my new (to me) camera that is replacing the camera that Jeffrey broke by accident. I have tried Ruthie in the EFTA, and I got about the same amount of room as with her in the GN... now, granted, it wasn't installed, but we never lost space in the Triumph (regular/old), so I expect it would be the same... something about the way the seat/beltpaths are designed, I think.

Anyway... Do you not just LOVE how the Nautilus fits him?

I've measured the EFTA top harness height before, and got barely 17"...
My GN measures almost 18.5.

I do really love the way he fits in the GN! If I could use any seat for him FF (and not have to cram 3 radians in the van) I'd pick the Nauti.
Here's a better pic with the headrest down :)
IMG_0025.jpg

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow. He was a great model!

I am FLOORED by the way he fits into the Husky. Wow. He could sit in that seat until he is 18!:p

U

Unregistered1

Why must my girls be cursed with the longest torsos ever??

Although A sits the same in the GN as your ds does... Makes me want to try her in the Regent! I smell a field trip to BRU...

littleangelfire

I hope the pics stay up a while - this thread makes a perfect show-n-tell for why the AOE isn't worth the money. Every other seat (but the infant one :p) he fits in with room to spare, whereas the 'last seat you'll ever need' was long ago outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC