Would it be rude??

Tammyfh

I am not a tech.... just slightly obsessed. I would never claim to know everything or even anything about some seats, but am as informed as I can be about my seats. If a tech is giving wrong info about the seat is it rude to correct them? I usually defer to their info, but on some things I'm just not sure i can let it go. It's no one here ;)
Thanks for the advice :)

ADS

TerisBoys

Is it something you can prove in writing? Like, something from a manual that isn't being followed (RF tether on Britax for instance).

Tammyfh

some things are manual yes... a few things like install issues and how to fix are from wonderful people here ;)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would if it is something that is in the manual or is best practice.

For example, if I encountered a tech who said I had to turn a 12-month-old around FF just because she was 12 months old, I would correct that.

I wouldn't correct something that is actually CORRECT, but you might know a different way to do it. For example, if a tech said you could use the seatbelt stalk to attach a RF tether, but you knew you could also use the seat track, I wouldn't correct that and say, "well, you could also..."

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm the kind of person who appreciates criticism -- especially when I'm held legally liable -- so if I make mistakes, I want to be told, I want to learn better! However, it can be done with respect & gentle kindness :) (I'm probably going to want to ignore you if you're rude or intimidating :twocents:)

If it's a manual issue, it should be enough to simply get out the manual. If it's something more and/or the tech is blatantly ignoring the manual, then I would merely report the situation to the state coordinator who may be able to easily alleviate your worries & help the tech out....

Report misinformation given by CPSafety professionals at seatchecks by contacting your state coordinator > http://www.cpsboard.org/state.htm
I do not recommend bothering the state coordinator without solid reason, though.

Tammyfh

Thanks for the help :) Rude and intimidating I'm not ;) I have a tendency not to say anything and then kick myself because I should have said something, but don't want to offend anyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC