All-in-One car seat stroller

raelynn

Senior Community Member
I just got back from a vacation where I flew, and as always, I peruse the Sky Mall catalogue because I get a kick out of the neat gadgets in it.

One of them is an AIO car seat stroller (I actually saw 2 in use at the airports), but I've never heard them talked about here.

Has anyone seen one IRL? What are the top slot heights? Any pros/cons, do you recommend? :)

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=101887706&c=

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I used one when I was a nanny. YIKES. It was hard to change it from carseat to stroller because you had to hold it in the air (not easy with a toddler seated in it) to get the wheels to come out.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
You are talking baout the Sit'n'Stroll They are expensive hard to install and very heave. Only harness to 40 lbs. The only pro I can think of is you have a built in stroller.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I owned an earlier version when Thomas was a baby (yes, nearly 14 years ago!) They've made a couple of improvements; mine was RF-only with a 3-point harness. :thumbsdown:

From what I understand they're also very difficult to install properly. The seatbelt routes OVER the shell, both FF and RF. And unless they've made changes to the stroller features, it was a really crappy stroller, too - difficult to maneuver and even harder to unfold the wheels.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
13" top slots. Ready for it? The Comfortsport has higher top slots. I never thought I'd say THAT.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I tried really hard to install one RF (after they took away RF tetherability, which was a nice feature...) and it was a no-go... Imagining the probable misuse of these by the averaged harried traveler makes me a little queasy...

Still, pretty nifty concept...too bad they don't keep improving it in meaningful ways...

(and can I just say, I LOVE Sky Mall :love:)

3acorns4Christy

I've seen those here a lot. They drive me nuts because the kid is always very very loose in them, you almost always know that is how they are in the car as well. And I think its a bit tacky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC