Parents magazine, August 2008

Dawn

I'm sorry if this was already discussed but there is a small blurb about center being the safest and properly install carseat being important. But the picture is of a child with huge padded shoulder straps and no chest piece. Page 30:thumbsdown:

ADS

BW1426

I just got my magazine today and signed on to post the same thing. That's great that that's the case, but it leaves a bad taste when thinking about families with multiple children.

I'm glad it at least mentioned that if a better install can be achieved outboard it should be used. But with that kind of percentage, I'd think many parents would be enticed to use a crappy install in the center over a good install outboard.

mimieliza

Does it say ANYTHING about LATCH not being usable in the center in most cars? That is SUCH a common mistake, and parents think they are being sooooo safe by installing with LATCH in the center.

I got over my center installation fixation - I get a tighter install on the side, and it is loads easier to get my DD in and out of her RFing seat.

Stresch

My daughter's seat doesn't install well in the center, so she's outboard. Drives me crazy that center is safest is the one big thing that everyone remembers. It's way down there on the list of safety, yet it seems like it's listed as the safest thing you can do so often. Probably because it's easier to remember.

Mommypooh

I have 3 kids and no one is in the middle except when I have to put 5 in my van. Other than that. I put my 3 out board.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...the picture is of a child with huge padded shoulder straps and no chest piece.

That sounds like a European seat. It may not be a case of misuse (but probably a poor choice of photos for an American magazine. :confused:)

3acorns4Christy

I read that too and it left me feeling very upset. Because when RF my son goes outboard because it is easier to keep him from overheating.

Melizerd

So disappointing because last month or the month before they had a little bit piece about rear facing and everything was right in the pictures.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC