another topic...lap portions LOOKING too tight

Misty-Bug

I worry that the lap belt looks too tight on Cooper. He never complains. I looked at my seat belt and my stomach goes out from the seat belt too. I can't loosen it cause then it is too loose at the shoulders. Like I said, he is not complaining but do you think it is ok??
oh and you can see the STUPID leaning issue I have!! Grr.....
I fix it more and more. Tried moving the position of the buckle to the tether.

July13002.jpg

July13003.jpg

July13004.jpg

July13006.jpg

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If it's not bugging him, then there's nothing wrong with the harness. More than likely, it's just baby fat hanging over and he doesn't even notice it. ;) :)

The tilt (while it bothers you) is not something I would ever be concerned with. It seems pretty minimal and without actually seeing the seat irl, I wouldn't be able to see what's causing it or how to (potentially) correct it. :eek:

Misty-Bug

If it's not bugging him, then there's nothing wrong with the harness. More than likely, it's just baby fat hanging over and he doesn't even notice it. ;) :)

The tilt (while it bothers you) is not something I would ever be concerned with. It seems pretty minimal and without actually seeing the seat irl, I wouldn't be able to see what's causing it or how to (potentially) correct it. :eek:

see that is the thing. The only thing behind the seat is the split so that may be causing it. I really want to get out to the carseat check on Friday. I HOPE I can!! It is in the states, about 45 minutes from me. Hoping to get gas money. As you can see it doesn't bother him. I think it is more cosmetic. It drives ME nuts. The seats do a 60/40 split. But not across the bench. I think the split is there and that is why it might be leaning??

and for me it is my baby fat too that I see over my belt. LOL. grr

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper's seat is constantly slightly tipped. Both her Radian and her Wizard, whatever is installed. It pisses me off, but it's safe. I'm just OCD. So I get it as good as I can and then leave it. I tell parents when I'm doing a check that the seat can tip slightly and it'll bother them more than it bothers their baby. My FFing tethers are slightly offset, especially for the outboard positions, and RFing of course it's nearly always offset. Not a big deal, just annoying.

As for the baby fat, I agree, if it's not bothering him it's no big deal. It looks uncomfortable, though, doesn't it.

Wendy

Misty-Bug

Piper's seat is constantly slightly tipped. Both her Radian and her Wizard, whatever is installed. It pisses me off, but it's safe. I'm just OCD. So I get it as good as I can and then leave it. I tell parents when I'm doing a check that the seat can tip slightly and it'll bother them more than it bothers their baby. My FFing tethers are slightly offset, especially for the outboard positions, and RFing of course it's nearly always offset. Not a big deal, just annoying.

As for the baby fat, I agree, if it's not bothering him it's no big deal. It looks uncomfortable, though, doesn't it.

Wendy

I know it drives me BATTY! LOL!!!
and as you can see it doesn't bother him. when his seat is too tight he does tell me

melniemi

Is that the standard crotch strap or did you replace it with the longer one? Just wondering if the regular one is shorter and it would pull the hip straps more to the top of his thighs and off his belly?? If it is the regular one, then nevermind:p

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is that the standard crotch strap or did you replace it with the longer one? Just wondering if the regular one is shorter and it would pull the hip straps more to the top of his thighs and off his belly?? If it is the regular one, then nevermind:p

The longer one isn't approved for use in Canada. :thumbsup:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Misty, my RN was tilting a bit too and it drove me nuts. I re-installed it and tried to make sure that I was putting equal weight on both sides of the seat with maybe a smidge more on the side that was more prone to tilting and then I tightened it. So far it seems to have worked . . . :whistle:

Misty-Bug

Misty, my RN was tilting a bit too and it drove me nuts. I re-installed it and tried to make sure that I was putting equal weight on both sides of the seat with maybe a smidge more on the side that was more prone to tilting and then I tightened it. So far it seems to have worked . . . :whistle:

I tried that. Even pushed the seat to the side where the split isn't
ok you need to come all the way up here and help me. I do want to try to go to a carseat check on Friday. Just not sure if I have the gas!!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My seat has a slight tilt too, in my case it's because my centre seatbelt is not centred on the bench, but I've placed the carseat so it is. The Radian is pressed down more on the side the buckle's on, because it's jammed right up to that side, and is pulled down more by the belt. Does that make sense? Could that be your issue too?

Misty-Bug

My seat has a slight tilt too, in my case it's because my centre seatbelt is not centred on the bench, but I've placed the carseat so it is. The Radian is pressed down more on the side the buckle's on, because it's jammed right up to that side, and is pulled down more by the belt. Does that make sense? Could that be your issue too?

I don't know what my issue is. I think it is pretty even on both sides

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Carseats in the center of my Golf tilt, because of the split in the vehicle seat, regardless of what I do. It's just the design of the vehicle seat. I know it you said you know it's safe but it still drives you nuts; I'm just nodding in agreement that there's likely nothing you can about it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC