Just got off the phone with Sunshine Kids

Misty-Bug

here in Canada. I really like this Brad guy. I have never had a problem with him.
If anyone remembers, I had emailed him and talked to him about my radian straps fraying. SK is replacing my seat. Brad says to me on the phone, just send the naked shell back. You keep the granite cover. wahoo!! So they are replacing my seat. Hopefully it is a new DOM. He didn't say anything about cutting the straps. Do I need to?
When it gets here I will check the DOM. If it is older then mine I will talk to him and ask for a newer one or at least one with the same DOM. Anyone had experience with getting a replacement Radian? Do you get newer DOM's?
Also he said the warning tag is fine to not be on there. It is just one saying to not put it in front of an airbag. EVERY other sticker is still on it.
you can kind of see the warning tag I am talking about on the grey seat here. Not sure why MINE came off. Maybe I move and adjust Cooper too much. You can see the top of it.
Jan408002.jpg

ok is it weird that I am excited! lol

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's pretty awesome of him.

When I got a replacement Radian it was relatively new. But my first one was one of the originals, 10/05, so it wasn't going to be older than that. :) The new one was 3/07. And if I remember properly I got it in May or June 2007. So it wasn't bad at all.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't cut the straps! I'm sure they probably want the whole thing intact so they can get a grasp of the problem themselves.

Way cool about the new seat :)

grumpybear

Thanks!
The fraying in ours does look like that though ours is confined to the harness adjuster strap.
I hate calling SK because their telephone CS really isn't much help. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Misty-Bug

Thanks!
The fraying in ours does look like that though ours is confined to the harness adjuster strap.
I hate calling SK because their telephone CS really isn't much help. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

I am not sure where you are. But I am in Canada and I wonder if that makes a difference

April

I'm in the US. I wonder if that makes a diff too.

Canadians have it good. Wonderful CS, year-long maternity leave... :p

8 hour wait times at the emergency room...... No, j/k, we do have it pretty good. I think the Swedes take the cake though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC