• Twisty like Cosco

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Too twisty to even want

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just had to click!!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

melniemi

Please help me decide if I want one. I love my marathon straps and have no issues with the regent ones, so if they are like the regent, that would be fine with me.:)

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Keeping in mind I have no experience with the Regent, and the Frontier I have only played with our floor model at work...

The Frontier's straps "flip" very easily. They're twisty in a different sort of way than the way that Cosco straps twist - the old Cosco ones used to turn into literal ropes of twists that you couldn't flatten out. The Frontier is more like the EFTA where the buckle will flip around on the webbing if you're not careful, but the webbing stays flat.

From the playing with the Frontier and comparing to everyday use of the EFTA, I'd say that the straps are probably pretty similar in twist probability. The problem I foresee with the Frontier is that they can twist down at the bottom of the waist strap - right against the shell, and aren't easy to untwist down there. This happened when a parent went to put a child in the demo seat at the store - and this seat had been out less than a week and I was helping him - it just happens that quick and easy.

eta: They are not like the MA straps at all, although I have noticed that even the new MA straps on recent DOM seats twist easier than the ones from when I bought our MA in 2006. Again it's just a matter of straightening them when they start to turn - I've seen some pretty twisted ones at seat checks though... At least they lay flat again once untwisted.

That being said, if you're careful about watching for a twist starting and just moving the buckle tong so that it doesn't happen, you likely won't have huge problems. And from what I would predict, and based on my experience with the EFTA, the straps won't get into twists like ropes with repeated twists - once the tong is sitting the right direction the straps will lay perfectly flat again.

I think it's mamabear who has a post all about the twisty straps. (and I voted other since I can't compare to the regent. ;))

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone called Britax to complain and was told it was the same straps as the Regent (in the same 'tier' they said...I think that's actually supposedly a higher quality than the MA straps, and the same as the Recaros are...and the Safeguard seat was till we complained and they put Marathon-esque straps on that we like better!).

Mine twisted the first day I used them, I haven't actually used it since then :whistle:

I really, really wish they'd hear our concerns and put Marathony straps on that seat :eek:

seamonkeys

I agree they can be twisty. I think one problem is the buckle tong is just a tad too wide, so it gives it room to move around and get twisted. I'm not sure how it will be once DS starts buckling himself, but for now it's fine. I just have to be aware when I'm sliding the buckle up. I want to get a velcro tab to put on the harness so they don't slide down as much, but haven't got around to it yet.

Heather98012

I think the buckle tong slit is too big as well.

I called about a month or 5 weeks ago. I think I was the first person that called & complained. I keep hoping enough people will call & it will force them to resolve the matter.

FWIW, my dd (3.5) is now realizing we have to be careful not to twist them. The other day she said "Mommy, be careful...no twists!" :D

essnce629

I've never had problems with the straps on my FPSV, BV, RA, or Regent twisting before. My Frontier straps have probably twisted about 5 times since I've had it. I also agree that the problem seems to be that the buckle tongue is too wide. I plan to call Britax about getting a replacement cover for my FPSV seat so I'll tell them about the Frontier straps then.

They twist really bad-I hate the straps actually. It is annoying. I think they are the same quality as cosco. This is the only thing I hate about the frontier. I am still keeping it though. We had a regent and had a marathon and those straps were sweeeeettt!!!

melniemi

I wish we had a store that carried it closer than 2.5 hours away! I'd love to play with one and make sure it installs well before I decide!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC