Dodge Journey

shanna81

Whats your thought on the integrated child booster seat?
Anybody here bought one yet or test drived it?
If so how do you like it?

Any pics of carseats in it?

Thanks!

ADS

missinoh

I bought a Journey SXT with the 3rd row seat a few months ago. Overall, I'm very happy about my purchase. Mine doesn't have the booster seats though so I am of no help there but if you have any other questions about it just ask and I'll tell you what I know. :)

monstah

I bought a Journey SXT with the 3rd row seat a few months ago. Overall, I'm very happy about my purchase. Mine doesn't have the booster seats though so I am of no help there but if you have any other questions about it just ask and I'll tell you what I know. :)

What sold you on the Journey? What other vehicles were you looking at?

missinoh

What sold you on the Journey? What other vehicles were you looking at?

We were also looking at Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town and Country, Jeep Commander, and Chrysler Pacifica. We had and employee discount code for the Chrysler group so that's why they are all Chrysler vehicles.

What sold us? This was the only car my dh and I BOTH liked. We liked the safety features, overall appearence and it's pretty much loaded! It was a better bang for our buck, I guess you would say, lol. It doesn't have the room of a van but it works for us. :)

TerisBoys

Is the Journey similar to the Pacifica? Or not really?

They LOOK similar on the outside - I just wondered how similar they really were.

missinoh

Is the Journey similar to the Pacifica? Or not really?

They LOOK similar on the outside - I just wondered how similar they really were.

They look similar on the outside but that's where it stops, lol. The Pacifica looks like a luxury car inside. The Journey is well equipped but just basic *no frills* interior. :twocents:

TerisBoys

Cool :)

I've always loved the styling of the Pacifica, but could care less what the inside's like.

And I *REALLY* like the looks of the Journey's built-in boosters. My older two would appreciate them I'm sure!

monstah

It seems like the Journey has a lot of "extras" that you can't find in another vehicle at the same price. The only bad thing I have heard about it so far is that the engine doesn't seem adequate. Like it doesn't have much "pickup" or pulling power. What do you think?

TerisBoys

Might depend on the model - there's a 4-cyl that I laughed when I saw, but there are 2 bigger V-6 engines too.

I'm going to have to find one to check out :) My friend has a Pacifica that I really like.

Of course, this is a pipe dream because there's no way I'll ever afford a brand-new vehicle, but...I really :love: the looks of them!

missinoh

It seems like the Journey has a lot of "extras" that you can't find in another vehicle at the same price. The only bad thing I have heard about it so far is that the engine doesn't seem adequate. Like it doesn't have much "pickup" or pulling power. What do you think?

I didn't test drive a 4cyl, but my v-6 has plenty of power. I have read that the fuel efficiency isn't much (if any) better in the 4cyl because you have to floor the gas pedal to move!

Marinesfamily5

I love the Journey but its not carseat friendly ...
we tried my seats in it becasue I love the Journey but no go.... the headrests aren't removable and only adjust by folding forward. total no way installing a regent and even the marathong wasn't going in properly so I gave up trying.... love the test drive though!

shanna81

I love the Journey but its not carseat friendly ...
we tried my seats in it becasue I love the Journey but no go.... the headrests aren't removable and only adjust by folding forward. total no way installing a regent and even the marathong wasn't going in properly so I gave up trying.... love the test drive though!

Really?? :confused:
Hmmm...thats strange because the poster missinoh,
showed me pics of her two carseats installed in the journey and it
looked good to me.
Of course I'll be bring my carseat with me when
going for the test drive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC