warning tag on the radians

Misty-Bug

both of mine have come off. The ones that sit on the back of the seat where the child's back sits. That doesn't matter right? I figured it didn't but thought I would ask a stupid question anyway. LOL. The in and out of the seat frayed the tag and then I just took it off when it was holding on by a thread. Literally.

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I emailed SK about mine fraying and they sent me a new cover (an American cover with no French, but a new cover none-the-less.) Can't hurt to contact them. :)

Misty-Bug

I emailed SK about mine fraying and they sent me a new cover (an American cover with no French, but a new cover none-the-less.) Can't hurt to contact them. :)

REALLY!! I didn't think it would really matter. Cause it comes off no matter what. The amount the kids move and stuff. They can't replace my coastal blue. hmmm....guess I will be making a phone call soon

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
REALLY!! I didn't think it would really matter...

I think it depends what your definition of "matter" is. The lack of label certainly doesn't make the seat physically less safe to use, so in that sense it doesn't matter, but it does make the seat less legal and can potentially set it up for misuse. I think that's why SK cares to replace it - they don't want to deal with the liability of an improperly labeled seat. That's my reasoning, anyway! ;)

Misty-Bug

I think it depends what your definition of "matter" is. The lack of label certainly doesn't make the seat physically less safe to use, so in that sense it doesn't matter, but it does make the seat less legal and can potentially set it up for misuse. I think that's why SK cares to replace it - they don't want to deal with the liability of an improperly labeled seat. That's my reasoning, anyway! ;)

interesting. Then maybe they need to think of a better way to attach them to the fabric. Cause it is gonna come off no matter what. Sigh.....gonna make a phone call..

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It could make airline travel tricky? I did have one flight attendant check our Radian for labels, but he was only interested in the "FAA approved" label.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Hm, I have always taken our warning labels off our seats. Our Radian had the label right on the pillow, which bugged my DD.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hm, I have always taken our warning labels off our seats. Our Radian had the label right on the pillow, which bugged my DD.
:eek:
Not a big deal, really, but it does make it tricky if you want to pass the seat on to someone else (at which point YOU could tell them it's ok, but what if they pass it on?)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
:eek:
Not a big deal, really, but it does make it tricky if you want to pass the seat on to someone else (at which point YOU could tell them it's ok, but what if they pass it on?)

I'll have to ask Mommy2Five if she put the seat RF in front of an airbag ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC