seat tech in or near Jefferson City MO?

jodibug

Hello! I am looking for someone who can check my carseat installation (Boulevard in a 2001 Dodge Caravan).

I live and work in Jefferson City MO. The only tech I can ever find listed is Pam Hoelscher at the Highway Department of MODOT. However her office hours are the same as mine (7-4, M-F) and since I recently returned to work from maternity leave, I am not allowed to take anymore time off until at least October.

So I really need someone whom I can meet after 5pm or on a weekend.

Otherwise, I will have my husband take it to be inspected on one of his week days off, but he just left for his two weeks of National Guard AT. When he gets back he will be playing catch-up for awhile, and it would probably end up being 3-4 weeks before he got it done. Better than October.... but if I can get it checked before then I would really appreciate it!

If you can help, please let me know! Thanks!

ADS

jodibug

Thank you, but I just don't have the time to make a six hour round trip right now, and by the time I would have enough time my husband will be back and he would be able to take it to MODOT.

In addition to working full time and for the next two weeks being the only parent to three children, we are in the middle of a bathroom remodel and I have to be at home whenever the workmen are there..... which is every weekend and a couple of nights a week. I can get away for an hour or so, but not six hours!

I do appreciate your willingness to do it though!

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I'd contact Pam and see what other techs she has out there...I know there are more MODOT techs out that way...there were a bunch of MODOT workers that took my training class with me in 2004...I have no idea if any of them recertified, but it'd be worth a shot!

jodibug

I emailed Pam and she wrote right back. Unfortunately she is the only tech in the area.

She did offer to come to my office to check it over my lunch break, which was a very kind offer.... but I have to spend all my breaks pumping in order to have enough milk for the baby the next day. (I just break even every day and never have any extra, so I can't skip a session.)

I will just have to send DH in to have it checked after he gets back from AT. (he is going to have a horribly long list of things to do for me already).

Argggh! I can't tell you what a tough decision it is.... have car seat checked or pump breast milk? But it took me several weeks to get my supply up enough to not need to supplement with formula. She hasn't had any formula for a little over seven weeks, and if I skip a pumping session then the babysitter would surely have to supplement.

Stupid work rules. I have 20 hours of annual leave and 20 hours of sick leave right now, but they won't let us take annual leave until we have 40 hours of sick leave on the books, and can't take sick leave without a doctors note.

Since my kids already have a couple of doctor's appointments at the end of the month, it is going to be October 15th before I have enough sick leave to take any annual leave (and that is only if we have no unexpected illnesses).

So for now I have to pick between having the carseat checked or pumping enough breastmilk. Really sucks that I can't do both. I hate my job!

debbiemomof2

We live in Columbia and I got a flyer from dd's school. Safe Kids has a car seat check every month through November. The next one on the list is Sunday July 27 from 1-4pm at Perry Chevrolet here in Columbia. I just checked and it is also listed on the Safe Kids Columbia web site.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC