You know you're carseat obsessed when...

BeckC

You yell at a Lojack commercial "Hey! The chest clip is backwards on that Scenera!" And your husband says "Um, we have no kids. Where do you know this stuff from?" LOL

What's yours?

Scenerachestclip.jpg

ADS

Andie

When you go to look at a baby in a bucket in the store and the first thing you notice is if they are in correctly.

Marinesfamily5

you know what carseats were in the car/ truck / van next to you at the light but can't remember what the car/ truck / van was lol

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
You see a carseat in the office at work and immediately notice the twisty harness strap, so you stay after work to fix it. (That was last night!)

courtfrog2

You get very emotional when you post your beloved marathon on craiglist :crying: to fund a Frontier that you just bought on a whim!

Also, when you have your cell phone programmed with the non emergency police number just in case you see kids under 8 unrestrained in anything and an infant being held... :whistle:

Mom to a few

When you worry that people will think you are trying to break into vehicles because you are staring in the windows as you walk through the parking lot.

And then your kids say, "Oh no, Mom! Not again!!" as you drag them back to the car so you can write a note to someone about their improper carseat installation. :eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
When your DH is watching a made for television movie version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and you can manage to ignore the movie completely until you hear the name of Captain Nemo's submarine, the Nautilus. :eek:

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO: You guys are funny!

When you approach random strangers and offer unsolicited advice.

all together ooky

When you watch a parade and notice the mom in the front seat of a truck has her seatbelt on but is holding her 2 year old in her lap. No idea why they were in the parade.

When after said parade you walk by a car and tell DH that it's being used incorrectly (CarGo in center seat-being used as a booster-with the outboard seatbelt).

Then that same night having a nightmare about a Suburban filled to capacity with police officers and one unrestrained child and none of the officers would listen to me when I told them to use a carseat. (This was just a dream)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
When your DH is watching a made for television movie version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and you can manage to ignore the movie completely until you hear the name of Captain Nemo's submarine, the Nautilus. :eek:

:ROTFLMAO: My ears would have perked up too!

When you have sleepless night with the same car seat related dream over and over again.

Oh, I have car seat dreams at LEAST once a week!

Let's see ...

You know you're car seat obsessed when, any time she sees you with the laptop open (computer, not Britax Laptop :p), she climbs up and says "Can we find car seats" because she wants to look at the EH and ERF albums. And she remembers which kids have a seat like hers just from the thumbnail pics. :rolleyes:

libranbutterfly

When you dream about attending Lifesavers, and in the dream, you are explaining car seats to your father. Why he was at lifesavers with me, I'm not sure, but he seemed to be interested in everything I was saying.

rosey2007

You know when you got it bad when you look at the infant carriers people have and not look at the baby, but what brand name they are using. I usually see many Evenflo's and Graco infant seats. I have it so bad that I look in people's cars to see what brand of car seat they are using.

U

Unregistered1

When you see your baby for the first time in four weeks and take her to target to try out car seats... then post the pics in SCM. :whistle:

When random people who you may or may not know come up to you and ask you if you have any use for old car seats because 'you're the person to ask'.

When your child is actually excited for the car seat aisle. Or when she lies to you about having outgrown her turbobooster so she can get a new booster.

When you can tell what seat is being used by a silouette through a tinted van window.

When you suggest doing something fun with your family and someone immediately stipulates that it not be car seat related.

I probably have a million more.

drlynne

You know when you got it bad when you look at the infant carriers people have and not look at the baby, but what brand name they are using. I usually see many Evenflo's and Graco infant seats. I have it so bad that I look in people's cars to see what brand of car seat they are using.

OMG I do this now!! I used to look at the baby now it's the seat, my hubby thinks I'm nuts!:D

Lynne

northernmommy

Or when you're strapping your DS into the 5pt harness in the Chariot, and stop to comtemplate whether it's better for the straps to be above or below his shoulders...:p...and when you relay this to your BF, she looks at you and says "Okay, you officially need help!"....:)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
When this is your back seat, and your youngest is 15!

IMG_6634.jpg

And you have 6 more seats, sitting around.

BeckC

Wow is that a 3 across with 2 Regents and a Frontier?! What kind of backseat is that?!

Ok, I have another one - when you are impressed with 3 across installs in other peoples cars. lol

TerisBoys

When you watch a new music video from your favorite artist and cry when you see seats mis-used in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC