Comparison photos of Regent, Frontier and Nautilus with average 6 year old and big 7 year old

scatterbunny

A is 46 inches tall and 48 pounds, with a 15.5 inch torso measured against the wall, but fits seats a bit taller.

H is 52.5 inches tall and 60 pounds, with about a 19 inch torso.

I didn't get a full-length pic of H in the Frontier, unfortunately, and no pics of booster mode on the Nautilus or Frontier, or seat depth close-ups. I hope to get those in the near future, I'll add them to this thread if/when I get a chance. :)

Regent, Frontier, Nautilus, showing room to top slots
AlRegenttopslot.jpg
AlFrontiertopslot.jpg
AlNautilustopslot.jpg

HRegenttopslot.jpg
HFrontiertopslot.jpg
HNautilustopslot.jpg

AlinFrontier.jpg
AlinNautilus.jpg
HayleyNautilus2.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

ilr01

I was wondering if you ever had the chance to get the booster mode and seat depth pics. :) Thanks for posting these!

bubbaray

OK, so definatively, does the Frontier have higher top slots than the Nautilus? I keep getting mixed information on that.

My DD#1 is FFg in RNs. I'm in Canada, so the GN isn't here yet (though I have tried her in it at Target in the US -- she has loads more room than in the RN). The FR is here, but I'm concerned about some recent harness issues with that seat.... My plan was to wait for the GN (expected soon).

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Jeez, looks like everyone missed this post completely the first time around! :confused:

Thanks for sharing these pictures. A fits just about the same in the Regent and Nautilus as my DS does - my DS is maybe a 1/2" taller.

Based on how H's shoulders fit in relation to the Frontier/Nautilus slot and the Regent slot, I'm really glad to see how much difference there is in those two and teh Regent top slots. I always thought there was that much difference based on how DS fits in them, but everyone else has said there's only about 1" difference. Interesting.

scatterbunny

I was wondering if you ever had the chance to get the booster mode and seat depth pics. :) Thanks for posting these!

I don't have easy access to the Frontier; I'll see if I can hook up with Judi this weekend, though...I'll be in her neck of the woods and she has a Frontier.

As for the Nautilus, the last photo of H in this thread shows the Nautilus headrest all the way up, tallest booster position. I also have some Nauti measurements in a thread here titled, "So Disappointed", including seat depth. :)

OK, so definatively, does the Frontier have higher top slots than the Nautilus? I keep getting mixed information on that.

My DD#1 is FFg in RNs. I'm in Canada, so the GN isn't here yet (though I have tried her in it at Target in the US -- she has loads more room than in the RN). The FR is here, but I'm concerned about some recent harness issues with that seat.... My plan was to wait for the GN (expected soon).

In my experience, the Frontier and Nautilus have the same top slot height. If there is a difference, it's so minimal I can't see it. A had the same amount of grow room in each seat, and H was a full inch over the top slots of both. I like that the Frontier makes a taller highback booster once the harness is outgrown, but otherwise, I'd probably go with the Nautilus.

Jeez, looks like everyone missed this post completely the first time around! :confused:

I don't think everyone missed it, it had a fairly high view count the day I posted it...I guess no one had any comments, though. :p

Based on how H's shoulders fit in relation to the Frontier/Nautilus slot and the Regent slot, I'm really glad to see how much difference there is in those two and teh Regent top slots. I always thought there was that much difference based on how DS fits in them, but everyone else has said there's only about 1" difference. Interesting.

I know...everyone says the Regent has only 19 inch top slots, but I get 20 when I measure. I get 18-18.25 for the Nauti and Frontier, and those measurements make total sense when compared to how these two kids fit all the seats. H is an inch over the Nauti and Frontier top slots, but has an inch to go in the Regent.

I really think it's a stretch to say that the Nauti and Frontier will last almost as long as a Regent (I've heard this said), when my dd would have outgrown the first two by 6.5yo, and will fit in the latter until her 8th birthday, I'm guessing.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am amazed at the way the Frontier and Nautilus fit your model. I had the exact opposite experience when I installed a Frontier and a Nautilus in my car and tried them both out with my DN. She had loads more room in the harness in the Nautilus than on the Frontier. :confused:

I wish I had gotten photos! :mad:

scatterbunny

I am amazed at the way the Frontier and Nautilus fit your model. I had the exact opposite experience when I installed a Frontier and a Nautilus in my car and tried them both out with my DN. She had loads more room in the harness in the Nautilus than on the Frontier. :confused:

I wish I had gotten photos! :mad:

Patriot, I can see how that could happen, and I wish I had gotten pics of the Frontier installed in my car (it was only installed on a store test bench). The Nautilus, I believe, is in recline mode in my photos, too...so again, I can see the Nauti offering a bit more room over the Frontier if both were installed in the same vehicle, and the Nauti isn't reclined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC