Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Comparison photos of Regent, Frontier and Nautilus with average 6 year old and big 7 year old

A is 46 inches tall and 48 pounds, with a 15.5 inch torso measured against the wall, but fits seats a bit taller.

H is 52.5 inches tall and 60 pounds, with about a 19 inch torso.

I didn't get a full-length pic of H in the Frontier, unfortunately, and no pics of booster mode on the Nautilus or Frontier, or seat depth close-ups. I hope to get those in the near future, I'll add them to this thread if/when I get a chance.

Regent, Frontier, Nautilus, showing room to top slots

Last edited by scatterbunny; 07-12-2008 at 03:07 PM.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Comparison photos of Regent, Frontier and Nautilus with average 6 year old and big 7 year old

I was wondering if you ever had the chance to get the booster mode and seat depth pics. Thanks for posting these!

Re: Comparison photos of Regent, Frontier and Nautilus with average 6 year old and big 7 year old

OK, so definatively, does the Frontier have higher top slots than the Nautilus? I keep getting mixed information on that.

My DD#1 is FFg in RNs. I'm in Canada, so the GN isn't here yet (though I have tried her in it at Target in the US -- she has loads more room than in the RN). The FR is here, but I'm concerned about some recent harness issues with that seat.... My plan was to wait for the GN (expected soon).
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Jeez, looks like everyone missed this post completely the first time around!

Thanks for sharing these pictures. A fits just about the same in the Regent and Nautilus as my DS does - my DS is maybe a 1/2" taller.

Based on how H's shoulders fit in relation to the Frontier/Nautilus slot and the Regent slot, I'm really glad to see how much difference there is in those two and teh Regent top slots. I always thought there was that much difference based on how DS fits in them, but everyone else has said there's only about 1" difference. Interesting.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ilr01 View Post
    I was wondering if you ever had the chance to get the booster mode and seat depth pics. Thanks for posting these!
    I don't have easy access to the Frontier; I'll see if I can hook up with Judi this weekend, though...I'll be in her neck of the woods and she has a Frontier.

As for the Nautilus, the last photo of H in this thread shows the Nautilus headrest all the way up, tallest booster position. I also have some Nauti measurements in a thread here titled, "So Disappointed", including seat depth.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    OK, so definatively, does the Frontier have higher top slots than the Nautilus? I keep getting mixed information on that.

My DD#1 is FFg in RNs. I'm in Canada, so the GN isn't here yet (though I have tried her in it at Target in the US -- she has loads more room than in the RN). The FR is here, but I'm concerned about some recent harness issues with that seat.... My plan was to wait for the GN (expected soon).
    In my experience, the Frontier and Nautilus have the same top slot height. If there is a difference, it's so minimal I can't see it. A had the same amount of grow room in each seat, and H was a full inch over the top slots of both. I like that the Frontier makes a taller highback booster once the harness is outgrown, but otherwise, I'd probably go with the Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by BookMama View Post
    Jeez, looks like everyone missed this post completely the first time around!
    I don't think everyone missed it, it had a fairly high view count the day I posted it...I guess no one had any comments, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BookMama View Post
    Based on how H's shoulders fit in relation to the Frontier/Nautilus slot and the Regent slot, I'm really glad to see how much difference there is in those two and teh Regent top slots. I always thought there was that much difference based on how DS fits in them, but everyone else has said there's only about 1" difference. Interesting.
    I know...everyone says the Regent has only 19 inch top slots, but I get 20 when I measure. I get 18-18.25 for the Nauti and Frontier, and those measurements make total sense when compared to how these two kids fit all the seats. H is an inch over the Nauti and Frontier top slots, but has an inch to go in the Regent.

I really think it's a stretch to say that the Nauti and Frontier will last almost as long as a Regent (I've heard this said), when my dd would have outgrown the first two by 6.5yo, and will fit in the latter until her 8th birthday, I'm guessing.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I am amazed at the way the Frontier and Nautilus fit your model. I had the exact opposite experience when I installed a Frontier and a Nautilus in my car and tried them both out with my DN. She had loads more room in the harness in the Nautilus than on the Frontier.

I wish I had gotten photos!

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot201 View Post
    I am amazed at the way the Frontier and Nautilus fit your model. I had the exact opposite experience when I installed a Frontier and a Nautilus in my car and tried them both out with my DN. She had loads more room in the harness in the Nautilus than on the Frontier.

I wish I had gotten photos!
    Patriot, I can see how that could happen, and I wish I had gotten pics of the Frontier installed in my car (it was only installed on a store test bench). The Nautilus, I believe, is in recline mode in my photos, too...so again, I can see the Nauti offering a bit more room over the Frontier if both were installed in the same vehicle, and the Nauti isn't reclined.
    ~Jenny

Just tell me when. I took the rest of the week off.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Just tell me when. I took the rest of the week off.
    Judi, I *might* be coming to visit my family on Saturday evening/Sunday, so if that happens, I'll text/call you.
    ~Jenny