Hubby's bringing home a Sonata...

Tara

I guess I get to try all my car seat configurations for everyone eh?
A few have been asking about "3 in the back seat" cars lately. The Sonata has been mentioned. But I can actually do some testing if you'd like :)

I have an RA, MA, BG and PW. As well as a SnugRide and FPSE. Yeehaw! I guess he'll take my truck to the interview tomorrow, leaving me his new demo for experimenting LOL

ANy particular configurations you'd like to hear about first?

If I'm able to get out there and try some things I will.

ADS

Tara

This is a new demo for him. They just sold the Tucson he's been driving the last month or so. So now he's chosen a Sonata to take for an extended spin :)
How fun!!
One perk of being a car salesman eh? And I enjoy it as well..I never get the opportunity to look, to really look, at new cars.

scatterbunny

Oooh, I wish you had a Husky or Regent to try in a three-across! :( Can you try the Marathon, Bodyguard on the widest setting and Parkway? Or the Safe Embrace, Bodyguard on widest setting and Parkway? Or Safe Embrace, Bodyguard on widest setting and Marathon? Basically, try it all, LOL! Really, I just want to know the widest configuration of seats and if they all fit three-across. I'd love to downsize to a sedan again, but a Husky/Regent is on our horizon unless another company comes out with a higher weight limit seat with tall top slots that's narrower in the near future. I must be able to transport two other people in the rear, plus fitting Hayley's harnessed seat.

skaterbabs

Tell me about it - I *really* need to get Gregory into a harnessed seat, but since we'll probably get a 2000 MY Sonata, I doubt a Regent/Husky, MA and BPB will fit, although if I get a PW I might be able to squeeze the PW between the Regent/Husky & the MA......

scatterbunny

A Parkway, or the new Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster (Starriser Comfy clone), since it adjusts so narrow. I don't know how much the armrests of the SRC get in the way of buckling, but it still seems like a good choice for three-across, depending on the other seats and how they mesh.

Where are all our narrow higher weight limit options?? I had such high hopes for the Radian...

skaterbabs

it'll have to be the PW - there's no way dh will buy a THIRD booster for CJ and the PW is what we need to fit all three bratlings in the back of the Jeep. the TB almost fits with the touriva in the middle, but the armrests get in the way. :rolleyes:

Tara

Well hubby took the car to the interview today..but...we should have the car for a while hehe I'll just have to get him to leave it here one day when I am able to get out there and play.

So, this may not be immediate...but I'll keep you all up to date. Oh, and I'm not a tech and I won't be running the installs over to one after each change. I'll just do what I know to do to the best of my ability and give ya that, k? ;)

skaterbabs

all I want to know is will they fit. LOL I know 2 PWs and a MA will fit, but if I can get Gregory in a Regent so much the better.

Tara

Ok so a FPSE should be close to a Regent measurement, wouldn't you say? So put that with what? A PW and MA, is that what you're looking for Rebekah?

scatterbunny

Is the FPSE wider than the MA? I've never actually seen the SE convertible in person (only the SE booster and infant seat), so I don't know (and I'm too lazy to look up the measurements, LOL).

skaterbabs

I don't have mine any more, but yes, the FPSE *is* wider than the Marathon. But I don't think it's quite as wide as a Regent.

Tara

Yeah, FPSE wider than MA..but I wasn't sure how close it would come to the size of a Regent..once you add in the bar frame of the FPSE.
Maybe if I get a moment (and remember) I'll see if I can track down measurements on the two seats. But anywho..I could try an install with that..if there's room left, there's hope for the Regent ;)

scatterbunny

I know the MA is supposed to be about 19 inches wide, maybe 19.5 inches wide. The Regent is 21.5 inches wide, so about 2 inches wider than the MA. So yes, if there is an inch or two leftover with the FPSE/MA/PW combo, there's hope for three-across with a Regent. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC