Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

bobby110

HELP ME PLEASE

hay, im looking at a physics investigation and i need some info on car saftey features and stuff like that. eg ABS, airbags and other saftey features along with things like aero dinamics and stuff. so if someone could send me some info at theearl110@hotmail.com or on this i would really appreiciat it

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

UlrikeDG

Two sites which should have some good info...

First, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (a division of the DOT) has information on its site about buying a safer car. www.nhtsa.gov/cars/testin...2/toc.html Their home page can be found at www.nhtsa.gov/ .

Also, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is an independend agency which researcheds vehicle safety. They have info on ABS & airbags here. www.iihs.org/safety_facts/safety.htm Their main home page can be found at www.iihs.org/ .

Both sites also contain crash test data. Some consumer sites like Edmunds.com may also have good articles about safety features on vehicles.

HTH

Caviller

One more link....

Our own vehicle safety guide and links pages:

www.car-safety.org/carguide.html

www.car-safety.org/links.html

Good luck!

Darren

bobby110

Thanks

hay, thanks for that, i got alot of good information from those. is ther any chance that you also know a site on aerodinamics and things like crumple zones or crash reports? but thanks anyway
    Brian

UlrikeDG

Hmmm. Well...

For aerodinamics you might try an auto racing site or two. Otherwise, you may just have to take what you know about aerodinamics and infer how it would interact with a vehicle.

What do you mean by "crash reports"? If you're looking for statistics from actual vehicle crashes (BTW, safety advocates avoid the term "accident"), try the NHTSA site I listed above. I know it has at least some data; in fact, I think it has an interactive database with crash data. There are other sites with information compiled, but unfortunately, I don't have them bookmarked. A well worded internet search should turn up more, however. If you want information on a local level, try your County Sherrif's office, Highway Patrol or state DOT.

No ideas on crumple zones. Sorry.

bobby110

still searching

hay, thanx for the information but whay\t do you know about collasible steering colums, and the physics behind car design and saftey. thanx Brian