The time has come

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Dd had her 4yr check today, and is now 34lbs and 40.5" tall. I don't believe in obsessive weighing of kids, so I changed her seat to ff'ing when we got home today.

So my not so little girl is now ff'ing forever. Wonder if she'll hit 40lbs before she turns 6 or if the law will require her to be harnessed till then? :whistle:

(I'd keep her harnessed until 6 anyways, but I'm curious...)

ADS

bobbysgirl7103

That's great that she was able to RF so long. :) My DD is a peanut too, so I'm hoping she will be able to go for a long while.

WOW! WAY TO GO! That is awseome!!!!!!! I wish I knew about ERF before my sons were turned FF. I turned back my now 3 1/2 year old when he was 26 months, he is almost 3 1/2 now and weighing 30 pounds. I have 3 pounds to go RF in the FPSVD.

I hope they make a law where kids need to be harnessed longer and also reduce the costs of some of these seats.

Simplysomething

1/2 now and weighing 30 pounds. I have 3 pounds to go RF in the FPSVD.

I hope they make a law where kids need to be harnessed longer and also reduce the costs of some of these seats.

Ah, but they are getting less expensive. Just in my time here at car-seat.org, the selection of higher weight harness seats --has exploded. Used to be...you had the Big Britax seats.

And that was it (though there were other seats that were no longer being produced that went beyond 40 lbs). In the --just over two years I've been here--we've gotten the Radians, the Fisher Price seats, the Triumph Advance, the Apex and the Nautilus.

Instead of telling parents..."for optimal safet,y you have to spend upwards of 200 dollars, we can finally tell them "you can buy this seat at many Wal-marts", which is a big deal, for many of is (though my WM doesn't sell the nautilus. boohoo).

I hope-- eventually, the 40 lb seats are thing of the past, and that the HWH (and taller) seats are the norm. Even if it only gets folks to harness to the bare minimum (of 40 and 4), it's still better than the average joe--buying a booster for their 40 lb three year old.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
How'd J take it? Since I know she was the one that wanted to go back to RFing in the first place. :)

A is 39lbs (I can get him to 40lbs with shoes, jeans, and a jacket on :D)... and he's over 6 years. So I guess *technically* I don't have to have my 39lbs child in anything. :rolleyes: Of course, he always rides in something (Radian or Parkway).

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Instead of telling parents..."for optimal safet,y you have to spend upwards of 200 dollars, we can finally tell them "you can buy this seat at many Wal-marts", which is a big deal, for many of is (though my WM doesn't sell the nautilus. boohoo).

Not to mention that the Nautilus turns into a pretty good booster that will last most kids until the end of their car seat years. This is about the only car seat I ever specifically recommend to parents. At the last seat check I did, one mom went out and bought two GNs (and brought them back to the seat check :thumbsup:) and at least one other mom was planning to buy one later. That would never have happened if the Regent was the only option.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My dd didn't hit 40lbs until she was 7. ;)

Congrats on keeping her RF so long, though! :D

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
:) This most recent time she was just rf'ing the past month. She has been just shy of 30lbs just before she turned 3. But then the TF showed up with a 35lb weight limit & I gave her the choice since she had a couple lbs room - just to see what she'd say... turns out she wanted to ride rf'ing again. So that's how she's been the last month. And car rides have been extra peaceful. ;)

So this is actually the 2nd time she's been back rf'ing after a period of ff'ing, but she'll be ff'ing to stay this time. She's 4yrs old and I'm not going to plop her on a scale regularly. :thumbsup:

How'd J take it? Since I know she was the one that wanted to go back to RFing in the first place. :)

A is 39lbs (I can get him to 40lbs with shoes, jeans, and a jacket on :D)... and he's over 6 years. So I guess *technically* I don't have to have my 39lbs child in anything. :rolleyes: Of course, he always rides in something (Radian or Parkway).

LOL, I asked her if she wanted to ride facing forward again and she said "well, I guess I can try it" :ROTFLMAO:

She hasn't been back in the truck since I turned it back yesterday, so we'll see.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted :cool:

Hehe, yeah, twas fun - I secretly hoped someone would dare to make a comment to me at a mall or something, but no such luck. :cool:

Ds has a long ways to go though, and he has never been ff'ing yet. With a 35lb limit seat now I'm sure he'll make it to 3yrs old. So maybe that fun moment will come yet. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC