Questions about Frontier recline block

canadiangie

A tech friend of mine just bought a Frontier for her 5.5y/o 42lbs ds. He's using the 3rd harness position.

She was telling me that the recline block has to be used when the seat is in harnessed mode. She was saying that she thinks the seat would install better with it *off* ?? (me, knowing nothing about the Frontier here, so bare with me, and correct me as I go please). She said she would need to re-read the manual since I couldn't help her.

My question is, can someone tell me a little bit about how the recline block works and when it needs to be used? Or maybe when it's optional?

And just to clarify, the Frontier allows for LATCH use in booster mode, correct?

And when used in booster mode it's LATCH'able to 100lbs, correct?

And top tetherable to 100lbs as well (ie: when in booster mode)?

Thanks,

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The recline block is *not* removable. It flips from the front of the seat to the back of the seat.

When it's flipped forward, it's in harnessed mode and gives a slight recline to the seat.

When it's flipped back, it's in booster mode and makes the seat fairly upright.

It *must* be in the correct position based on harness or booster mode.

Yes, it can be LATCH'ed in booster mode to it's full 100lbs limit and yes it can also be tethered.

ETA: You can see the recline block in this picture. It is that black lip just under the harness adjuster. It starts at the midpoint of the child restraint and just rotates 180 degrees back to go in booster mode...
2619769604_e7e846b840.jpg

mama2three

It is easier to install without the recline block. I didn't know it existed when I installed it before I bought it. When I got it home, it took me a whole lot longer to install it with the recline block. Unfortunately, the manual says it must be used.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
www.britaxusa.com has the manual for it, if you want some exciting thrill-a-minute reading (lol, just kidding, but *I* like it!).

Just to clarify again, though, it doesn't come off at all, it just flips back and forth for booster or harness mode.

canadiangie

Thanks again ladies. I think I'm going to suggest she *get brave* and try a LBP install. It might improve things, you never know. Right now it's installed with LATCH using SBP. She and I ran into each other at Safeway of all places and got to discussing her new seat. She's AMAZED with it, adores it, and is so happy to have someone in the loop (me). She admitted to being a bit intimidated by the LBP install option, but I assured her it wasn't difficult and would probably help. Now that I know the recline block is a must, I'm going to be more sure about suggesting the LBP. We'll see. I'm going on Thursday to see her seat(s) and check/help with installs, etc. I'm pretty excited. :D She's a new tech, and is still learning as she goes. Hey, aren't we all? :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC