Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 across 3rd row of suburban, was Re: Regent in a fully occupied Suburban...enough room for other kids?

I also have 6 in a 2007 Suburban. I would love to know what seat would fit in nicely in the middle of the 3rd row. I have booster seats in both ouboard positions. Right now we are trying to use a HBB in the middle third row, but my children are having trouble buckling.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    I highly doubt it would fit in the middle of the 3rd row...I have a CarGo there and it just fits between the seat belts...can't imagine a Regent fitting there with 2 backless boosters beside it and still being able to buckle/unbuckle. Plus there is tether issues...does she have a tether anchor in that position?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: 3 across 3rd row of suburban, was Re: Regent in a fully occupied Suburban...enough room for other kids?

I'm bumping this up for the Suburban savvy members to see.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Re: 3 across 3rd row of suburban, was Re: Regent in a fully occupied Suburban...enough room for other kids?

The 3rd row of suburbans is pretty small compared to the 2nd row. I got the cargo center with turbo booster outboard driver side. I could barely get the TB buckled (dd could not do it herself). I sat in the outboard passenger side and at 5'3" and 120lbs I was squished. I don't have a radian to compare but I know that it is a pretty narrow seat. The Fisher Price Save Voyage Booster is a pretty narrow booster so maybe 2 of them would work with the cargo or radian.

Zack 12/20/90 Taylor 5/11/98
    Austin 4/16/03 69lbs 58" Happily riding in Incognitos!
    Gavin 4/20/09 53lbs, 47" FF in an RXT, GN, and 2 FR85's
    DN Olivia 10/2/14 riding in an SR35

I haven't been able to get any booster combinations in the 3rd row of my Suburban (1999)...if the booster fits, there is no possible way to buckle it.
    ~Mel, Ex-CPST, Triathlete & Mom of 5ReiKids + 1E!!!

Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster is the booster I have, but it is still too wide for the middle position for the other's to buckle easily -- that's why I'm hoping that there is a narrow seat out there that might work. I would really like to put DS (age 2) back there in his Marathon and a narrow seat in the middle that way only one child would have to buckle a booster seat back there.