lexus RX350

U

Unregistered

Hi. My daughter is 14 months, 17lb. Any carseat recommendations for a Lexus RX350. Obviously in the RF position. Thank you.

ADS

destinmamma

I had an RX330 (2005) and I had a Britax Marathon for my daughter when she turned 1 (she's still in it and almost 3) and for our infant we used a Graco Snugride. Both fit fine, but it was too cramped w/ 2 carseats so we ended up getting a mini-van (something I said I'd never do)! With pretty much any RF seat in the RX's, you have to move the front seat(s) up very far in order for the seat back not to touch the infants seat (which by safety standards you're supposed to make sure it doesn't touch), so it wasn't a problem so much for me b/c I'm 5'4, but my husband is 6" and his knees were in the dash. This is only a problem when the seat is RF though. Once you turn it around there is no problem. I would do a Marathon and install it with the seatbelt instead of the latch. Safety ratings are higher when using the belt properly vs. the latch.

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Just about any seat would fit in there without trouble; I would sugggest going to the Babies R Us and ask to try seats for fit in the car.
I would also make sure your child is with you and see how the seats fit her as well...Britax Marathons and Boulevards fit well; Sceneras and Evenflo Triumph Advances too...
See what works for your 14 month old...see where her head is when you put her in the display seats :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Your daughter also no longer needs to be at a 45 degree angle. She can be as upright at 30 degrees which is both safer and more comfortable for her... and will give you more leg room up front. :)

*Neither* seatbelt nor LATCH is safer than the other. They are *both* safe when used properly.

Top picks include...

Britax Marathon/Boulevard

Recaro Como/Signo

Sunshine Kids Radian

Evenflo Triumph Advance

Compass/Safety 1st TruFit

Any of these seats will last her until she's ready to go into a booster seat. They have different price points and features. I would head to BRU and start testing some out to see what you and your daughter like. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC