Question Carseat for Mitsubishi Eclipse

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know of a good carseat for a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse? The carseat would be able to go behind the passenger seat and the passenger seat can be pushed a far forward as necessary as no one sits there. My car would primarily be used for day care drop-off and pick-up. We have another car that would be used for all other travel (a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am). A car seat that could be used in both cars would be perfect.

Thanks.

ADS

MomToEliEm

What is the age and weight of the child you are needing a seat for?

Do you want a seat that will rearface or forward face in the car?

What is your preferred carseat budget?

Will the seat be moved a lot in and out of this car or will it stay in place most of the time?

U

Unregistered

Oops - forgot how old my child will be.

We are expecting the end of Feb. 2009., so I am looking for an infant carrier or a convertible car seat. If an infant carrier, we would need a base for our other car. If a convertible car seat, it might get moved more frequently. My car would generally be used for drop off and pick-up at day care.

As for cost, I'm more concerned about finding something that will fit my car and be safe.

Thanks.

U

Unregistered

Hi. I'm replying to this post as I am also looking for a car seat that will fit in a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Our situation is pretty much the same as the poster above (can go behind passenger seat, have another car for travel, etc.).

My daughter is 14 months and a little over 20 lbs. She can technically go front facing, but if is possible, I would keep her rear facing (is there a seat that can be used both ways?). If I had to choose, it would be front facing because I would like this car seat to last a while. It will only be used in the Eclipse, so once it's in, it will stay put. The Eclipse is a tight fit in the back so I'm just concerned with finding a seat that will fit comfortably and be safe. Thanks!

MustangMama

Hi. I'm replying to this post as I am also looking for a car seat that will fit in a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Our situation is pretty much the same as the poster above (can go behind passenger seat, have another car for travel, etc.).

My daughter is 14 months and a little over 20 lbs. She can technically go front facing, but if is possible, I would keep her rear facing (is there a seat that can be used both ways?). If I had to choose, it would be front facing because I would like this car seat to last a while. It will only be used in the Eclipse, so once it's in, it will stay put. The Eclipse is a tight fit in the back so I'm just concerned with finding a seat that will fit comfortably and be safe. Thanks!

Hi there!

For your situation- I would buy a convertible car seat. These go both ways. You are going to want one that harnesses until 65lbs so you will get plenty of use out of it (Average child will be 5-6 when they outgrow).

Since it doesn't matter if the front seat is pushed all the way forward since you don't carry passengers, pretty much any car seat would work.

If I were you, I would purchase a TrueFit made by The First Years/Compass. It has a removable headrest so until your child reaches 22 lbs (which you said might be soon) you can have that extra 8" or so that headrest takes up when it is on. Once your child passes 22lbs, the headrest has to be used.

Anyways, this seat harnesses up to 65lbs forward facing and will also allow your child to rear face until 35lbs. It has inserts for cushiness and allows PLENTY of leg room for your RF baby! :)

There are other seats that perform pretty much the same. The Britax Marathon, Evenflo Triumph Advance and the Sunshine Kids Radian. They are all good seats.:thumbsup:

MustangMama

Oops - forgot how old my child will be.

We are expecting the end of Feb. 2009., so I am looking for an infant carrier or a convertible car seat. If an infant carrier, we would need a base for our other car. If a convertible car seat, it might get moved more frequently. My car would generally be used for drop off and pick-up at day care.

As for cost, I'm more concerned about finding something that will fit my car and be safe.

Thanks.

For you, I would try an infant seat with a base for at least the first few months. It will make things waaaayyyyy easier on you.

I would recommend the Chicco KeyFit or KeyFit30 (30 fits your child to 30lbs.....regular one I think is 20 or 22lbs.)

I drive a Mustang and I had a hard time fitting an infant seat in but someone recommended to me a KeyFit since it is the smallest carrier and is well liked for safety around here.

I would go to your local baby car seat store and try some out! Just ask if they will let you take it and try it in your car :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC