Where and what would you put these kids in? HELP!

I have potential daycare clients(who I desperetly need). They would start next month. I am so confused and overwhelmed what and where to put them. BUying new seats would be ok, since I would have the income of these 2 kids and the carseats are tax deductable.

Come August:

*almost 6 year old son(48 pounds)
*3 1/2 (29/30 pounds) son
*3 year old daycare boy(29 pounds)
*2 1/2 year old daycare kid(not sure on weight)
*3 month old daycare kid(not sure on weight

Come end of January/Febuary:

*6 year old
*just 4 year old
*3 1/2 year old
*3 year old(guessing 2 1/2 year old would be 3 by then)
*9 month old
*3 month old

*These are the seats I have right now*

*Britax Frontier
*Cosco Scenera
*FPSVD
*FPSV booster
*Graco Turbobooster(HBB)
*Graco Turbobooster(HBB)
*Graco LBB(Rater not use)
*Cosco LBB (rather not use)

*I drive a 2007 Kia Sedona(base model)-so tight back seat 50/50 split 3rd row seat. I have fit 3-across in the back before

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Come August:

Your son #1 in the Frontier
Your son #2 in the FPSVD
DCK in a Radian
DCK in the Scenera (if he/she fits)
Baby DCK in another Scenera

So, for this scenario, you would need to buy a Radian and a Scenera.

*6 year old
*just 4 year old
*3 1/2 year old
*9 month old
*3 month old

Do you have two bench seats? Otherwise, I am not sure how you will fit six kids in the back. :confused:

If you have two bench seats...

6 yo in FPSVB
4 yo in FPSVD or Radian
3.5 yo in FPSVD or Radian (whichever the above child is not using)
3 yo in Scenera (if he/she fits) or Radian
9 mo in Scenera or Radian (whichever the above child is not using)
3 mo in Scenera

So, for this scenario, if you already bought a Radian and a Scenera (from August), you would need to buy one more Radian.

OR,
forget the Scenera purchase and buy two Radians in August and one more in January.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OP has a 7-passenger van with two captain's chairs in the middle (right? :)), so she will have to put someone in the front seat.

Ah! Hmmm... that could change things.

If that is the case, I think I would put a FF harnessed child in the Frontier or Radian in the front.

:whistle:I just sold my one radian to get the frontier! :whistle:

Oh well! Mabey I can find one or two for cheap. I also could use a snugride for the 3 month old if need be(I have a graco base) and mom has a snugride(the one who is a carseat nut).

Forgot to add to the person who asked what I have fit in the back 3-across.

Graco Cargo, Scenera, Evenflo chase(Any order).-Tight, but works.
Scenera, FPSV booster, snugride with base and without-SUPER HARD TO belt in the booster, but works.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

Okay... First Scenario

*almost 6 year old son(48 pounds) - FPSV booster
*3 1/2 (29/30 pounds) son - Britax Frontier
*3 year old daycare boy(29 pounds) - FPSVD
*2 1/2 year old daycare kid(not sure on weight) - Scenera (unless he's too tall... then I'd try to get a Radian for the 3yr old and put this one in the FPSVD)
*3 month old daycare kid(not sure on weight - another scenera

Now... assuming this will work... I'd put the booster, FPSVD, and Scenera across the back, in that order, because I was able to put a FF Marathon, RF Scenera, and highback TURBOBOOSTER in the third row of my caravan, and with the FPSVD not having the bars and the FPSV Booster going narrower, it should fit... though it will be snug and you may need to fasten the booster blindly

Then, I'd put the baby and the Frontier in the 2nd row.

Now... 2nd scenario

*6 year old - FPSV Booster
*just 4 year old Frontier
*3 1/2 year old - Radian
*3 year old(guessing 2 1/2 year old would be 3 by then) FPSVD
*9 month old - Scenera
*3 month old - another Scenera

I'd put the Frontier in the front seat and put the Booster, the Radian, and the the FPSVD across the back and put the 2 sceneras in the 2nd row.

Unless, due to puzzling, you need to put the FPSVD in the 2nd row and one of the Sceneras between the Radian and FPSV Booster

BW1426

Come August:

Second Row: 3 month old snugride, 6 year old Frontier

Third Row: 3.5 yo FPSVD, 3 yo Radian, 2.5 yo scenera.

*6 year old
*just 4 year old
*3 1/2 year old
*9 month old
*3 month old
Front Seat: 4 year old in Radian

Second row: 3 month old in snugride, 3 1/2 year old in Frontier

Third row: 9 month old in FPSVD, 6 yo in FPSV Booster, 3 yo scenera.

*These are the seats I have right now*

*Britax Frontier
*Cosco Scenera
*FPSVD
*FPSV booster
*Graco Turbobooster(HBB)
*Graco Turbobooster(HBB)
*Graco LBB(Rater not use)
*Cosco LBB (rather not use)

My hope would be that either the Radian or FPSVD would work really well in the third row because of how seats usually mesh with the sides of a third row in a mini van. Of course it would have to be trial and error.

ETA: someone posted about super cheap baby trend flex loc seats on clearance at KMart. Could be worth checking out.

OOOHHHH thank you thank you! I am going to see if this works. I am going to play musical carseats this weekend(Not today it is 95 degrees it is suppose to get to)! UGHH!!

Also, thanks for the info on the baby trend seats...that would be great. Now, I hate k-mart and always have terrible service there, but I might just have to go check it out. LOL! ;-)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC