Question Galaxy vs Bravo/Matrix

toothfairymama

I've decided to get my daughter a Nautilus for her next seat, but I can't decide which pattern to get. I've seen a Bravo or Matrix in real life but not a Galaxy. The Galaxy looks much softer than the other 2 but I wanted to see if someone actually knows for sure.

Just in case anyone wants to know...I called Graco CS 2 days ago and asked if there was going to be a girly cover for the Nautilus. A rep said there will be new patterns towards the end of the year, but she didn't know what they will be like. I'm really really hoping for a pink one!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have Galaxy.

The strap covers are more plush and the edges of the seat are more plush than Galaxy/Matrix, but the interior part (with the exception of the infant insert, which has to come out when the child moves up to the second from bottom set of slots) is mesh.

I will post some pictures for you.

Without the infant insert...
S8000812.jpg

With the infant insert...
DSC_0166ed.jpg

The back of the seat
S8000796_edited.jpg

I will go take some more pictures.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As you can see, the majority of the cover that actually touches the child is mesh. It is soft, but not plush.

Only the light gray areas are plush.
S8000818.jpg

S8000819.jpg

The backside of the crotch buckle is soft. This is nice!
S8000820.jpg

Last edited:

toothfairymama

Thank you very much Patriot201!

The Bravo went up $10 in price at wal-mart. Boo! :thumbsdown: I'll probably end up getting it there, though. I am kicking myself now!

singingpond

I prefer the Galaxy partly because it doesn't have those '65lb' and '100lb' labels on it (that Bravo and Matrix both have) -- personally I just find those labels ugly; not sure if you care one way or the other.

Katrin

toothfairymama

I prefer the Galaxy partly because it doesn't have those '65lb' and '100lb' labels on it (that Bravo and Matrix both have) -- personally I just find those labels ugly; not sure if you care one way or the other.

Katrin

Yes, I hate those, too! I was thinking about ordering the Galaxy because there was a coupon for $10 off, but when I went back to get the code to use it online, it said I couldn't look at the coupon again. Could someone tell me what the code is?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

Katrin

Good point! I don't like those labels either. :thumbsdown:
When I first saw the GN (on tumblebug's thread here), I thought those were paper labels that would come off. No such luck. :(

NOAHSMOM

We have the matrix and the galaxy-we had the matrix for about two months before getting the galaxy. My son noticed the difference in the harness pads right away and acted like I had bought him a luxury seat. But w/o the insides being the same I don't think the long term differences are great.

As for the weight stickers on the matrix, I just switched the harness pads around so it is on the back of the pad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC