Does the Trufit still have to be at 45 deg??

fyrfightermomma

I remember when the seat first came out it had to be at a 45 deg angle even with older children....making it huge rear facing once the headrest had to be put on.

I know people were in "talks" with Compass/1st year on whether they would change their stance to allow it to be more upright for older kids RFing.

Anyone know if they changed their stance? I want this seat to replace a MA...but it can't touch the front seat in my car so this will be a huge no go if it still has to be 45 deg. No way it will fit.
Thanks

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Re: Trufit questions

Ok another TF question....I heard you MUST use the lock offs...no locking your seatbelt. This seems dumb to me. If my seatbelt locks and I get a decent install, why would I *have* to use the lock offs. That just seem like it would increase user error as I can never get the same install with a lock off as a seatbelt locked.

Is this true?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't know, but I wouldn't knock it till I tried it, some lockoffs <cough, britax rf, cough> suck, and some are totally wonderful.

fyrfightermomma

Someone tell me what to do! I don't want to waste the money and time and not like it when I could just buy another MA (which I don't love either). Will I ever find one I like???

My daughter is FF in my DH's car and I'd like to turn her back RFing but all we have is a Scenera which she's too tall for

emars002

i am not sure - the manual suggests nothing as far as NOT using the lock off - not like the britax manual where is clearly says you can lock the seatbelts instead - i went ahead and used the lock off and did not lock my seatbelt - i figured a discussion would pop up on here eventually about it

scatterbunny

Have you played with a True Fit? If not, I suggest it! I wasn't sold based on online photos, either, but when I saw it at Lifesavers I really liked it, and when I got to play with it yesterday with a baby in the seat, I fell in love with it. I *like* the MA quite a bit, but everything that I don't like about the MA isn't an issue with the TF.

Oops, sorry, based on Julie's post I guess you can't find the TF in person. :( Sorry about that.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I guess finding a True Fit locally to try out is simply not gonna happen? :( (like trying to find the Loch Ness Monster they just aren't everywhere, lol)

fyrfightermomma

I guess finding a True Fit locally to try out is simply not gonna happen? :( (like trying to find the Loch Ness Monster they just aren't everywhere, lol)

Ha....yeah....not gonna happen. I was gonna order through target or walmart.com and I guess I still could but then if I don't like it I have to return it to the store, and then order a marathon online (no way am I gonna pay Target's price!) and wait for that. I reallly want her RFing soon.

*sigh* I think I am gonna suck it up and get it. My DH is gonna kill me! I HAD to have the GN and now I am replacing it. Maybe he won't notice??? :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It was determined you can have the TF at a more upright angle. I believe 35-45 degrees is what they decided on.

As for the lock offs you can still lock the belt when using them. I know it has been discussed about if you have to use them, but I do not recall right now what was determined for sure. I *think* it was you must use them.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
YW. I run my seat belt though the lockoffs, tighten the belt, then close the lock offs, After that is done i locke my shoulder belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC