Question I'm totally deadlocked on my carseat decision for my 8yo

kphil

I need someone to help me choose! I'm trying to choose a seat for my 8.5yo who weighs about 54lbs. I just measured her seated torso length at 17.5", but no idea if I am measuring it correctly. In a GN she looks like she has about an inch before she would outgrown the harness. She was in a Regent until last week when I had to uninstall it and couldn't get it back in afterward :eek:. Since it's preadvisory, I know I could put it in LBP (which is how it really needs to be to be secure--Sienna LE8), but I'm looking for what you would do if the Regent wasn't an option.

She's riding in a Recaro YoungStyle booster now, and I don't like it as a primary seat. She has gotten sleepy in it a couple times already, and she looks really bad and slumpy in it. The shoulder belt cuts across her neck when she slumps. The headwings look good, but the torso protection looks minimal on her. I'd love to get her back in a harness, though I know that ruling out the Regent is ruling out the natural choice for her.

The seats in the running for me right now: Monterey, Frontier, Recaro Start. Also have some interest in the Jane Indy Plus and I sure wish I knew more about the Clek Oobr and when it was coming out. Am I missing a better consideration? What would you do? (I know, I can already hear that most of you would go ahead and LBP the Regent. Go ahead and tell me that, but also tell me what you would do as your *second* choice ;)).

I've got two youngers for seats to be passed down to, FWIW, though money is more of an issue than usual at the moment.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, yeah, first choice, the Regent you already own.
My second choice would be the Frontier (if it fits!), because after the harness, it makes into the tallest booster ever! Here is a pic of Tyler, 9 yrs old, 67 lbs, it the booster in the heighest setting.

IMG_1214.jpg

His torso height is 18.75 and has just outgrown the harness, but still fits fine in his Pre-advisory Regent harness.

IMG_1212.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC