Couple bought 5pt. booster for 7mt. old

lorinick

I work part time at BRU and I worked tonigth. Two other Ass. called to inform me that a couple wanted to put there 7mt. old 22lb son in a booster. They didn't want him rear facing anymore because he hits the back of the seat. I explained that was fine. I told them the law states he stay that way till at least 20lb and 1 year at least. But that it was safer to say rear facing to the limit of the seat. How the neck and spine really can be injuryed. Safe Kids were in the store doing a seminar. To bad they didn't attend. I only hope they will look up the benifits of rear facing before using the seat. Our best efforts failed. They bought an Evenflo 5pt. harness booster seat. Can you imagine a 7 mt.old forward facing in a sit that sits that upright. I just pray the little boy is safe. And no accident happens. He was a beautiful little boy. I'm not sure what is wrong with people.

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OMG! :eek:

Do they understand that using a booster is not only INCREDIBLY dangerous, but also illegal since it is improper use?

featherhead

One of my good friends from church did this with their 10 month old, though they bought an Eddie Bauer Combo seat. She also kept him in his infant seat till he was a couple pounds, and a couple inches too big. I guess that way she could just put him forward facing right away:( We had talked about rear-facing with her, and I thought she knew how important it was, but she's a person who doesn't like advice, and if she gets it, will probably go against it.

I was one of these people that FF my first at 8 months old, because he was 20 pounds, could walk(walked at 7 1/2 months). The doc said it was fine too :mad:! Wish I would of known better.
I would give them handouts and alot of info.

lorinick

I was one of these people that FF my first at 8 months old, because he was 20 pounds, could walk(walked at 7 1/2 months). The doc said it was fine too :mad:! Wish I would of known better.
I would give them handouts and alot of info.

Where can I get handouts? I wish I had them. I could really use them with people like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC