Question Is top of buckle digging into belly a concern?

kphil

I'm contemplating our carseat situation and tried my 5yo in her EFTA backup seat to look carefully at her in it and decide if I would feel good about using it as her primary seat while I decide what seat to put her big sister in. When buckled, the top of the buckle tongues are angled in such a way that they're pressing into her belly at an angle. Do you know what I mean? I seem to recall having that issue with some other seat years ago and being told it was okay, but it bugged whichever kid that was at the time (lol, they all run together sometimes ;)) so I returned it. This one doesn't bug her, but I can't help but think that in a crash, that could put too much pressure in one point on her stomach, right over her organs. Am I worrying too much? If she could ride in the EFTA, I could get big sister back in her harness in the GN, otherwise big sis is in a Recaro YoungStyle for the moment.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nope, not a problem. Internal organ injury really isn't a concern in harnessed kids...that buckle seems hard, but the brunt of the force on the shoulder straps will make them just as tight and hard...the buckle/abdomen part isn't going to suddenly jab into her worse during a crash. (It's funny, the Britax people think the Evenflo crotch straps are way too long, buckle in the belly, while the Evenflo people get a Britax and freak out the buckle's too short... neither is better or worse, it's just what you are used to :) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC