Question Keyfit 30 on my Phil & Ted's stroller?

seamonkeys

I finally checked out the KF today at BRU and I'm now wondering if it would fit with my P&T. First I tried cramming it in the bassinette part, but it didn't seem like there was room to sit the toddler seat on the front then. So I half tried it in the front (my bar wasn't on), but I'm wondering if it would work - the KF doesn't have the groove that other seats have to sit over the bar!!

I'm kind of bummed that the made the base of the KF that way - it makes it pretty incompatible with a lot of strollers! But I really like the seat! I'm pretty positive I'll be using it with my P&T mostly, because DS2 will only be 26 mths when #3 comes.

Anybody have any luck with KF on other strollers? I've heard it works on the P3 and it appeared to work on the Snugrider.

ADS

monstah

I was able to get my Graco snug ride from 2004 in the P&T under the toddlers seat (infant mode). I had to make sure the handle was down and I slid it in through the back. It fit kind of like a p.i.t.a puzzle and it took many tries before I got it down pat. The P&T seat is narrower than the Snugride so it was a little bit of a pain but worked out awesome for us. I LOVED IT!
Try to get the Keyfit in there again with the toddler seat on.

my2kidsSafe

I don't have either one, but when i talked to one of their reps about this they told me you can't use an infant seat if you have another kid in their i'm not sure how accurate that is, because he didn't seem like he knew anything about them.

monstah

You aren't supposed to, but I didn't see any danger in it. I felt much safer doing that than putting the seat on a shopping cart. I guess it would be a "parents descretion" thing.

seamonkeys

I don't have either one, but when i talked to one of their reps about this they told me you can't use an infant seat if you have another kid in their i'm not sure how accurate that is, because he didn't seem like he knew anything about them.

Yeah, technically P&T's doesn't advertise and promote it, but it still works! ;) I used to put DS2 in the Snugride in front seat on the bar, and DS1 still fit in the back jump seat - even though the front seat had to be unzipped to recline a little! And DS1 was over 3 yrs by then! I figure it would work even better this time around since #2 will only be just over 2 yrs.

And I've heard of people on here doing the opposite - putting the carseat in the bassinette and putting the jump seat and toddler on the front!

Basically I'm trying to decide between the KF30 and SS1!! And being compatible with my P&T is very important since it's my main, and fave stroller!

canadiangie

Hi,

Fellow e3 owner here, and also someone that has used a SR, SS1, and Combi Centre DX on the napper bar. The Keyfit's underside sounds similar to the underside of the Centre DX... no grooves. Worked okay, but not wonderful. I really preferred the grooves of the SS1 and SR to be honest. Esp when you're already going against manu's reco's and using the stroller in "car seat / toddler" mode (which I totally did, it was fine, not unsafe at all IMO).

Anyway, both because it sounds like the travel system option is important to you, and because it will last longer I'd get the SS1.

By the way, you don't need to buy the car seat adapter kit. You can make your own for about $10. Go have a look at the straps that come with the "kit". Simple strap material and 2 butterfly clips. You don't need the metal bar to use the stroller in travel system mode either, and actually when using it in "car seat / toddler mode" you sort of can't use the bar.

Just keep the napper bar on the stroller, leave the seat FULLY upright -- not reclined or unzipped, set the car seat on, and run the straps through the belt guides on the car seat. Then your toddler can sit normally in the add-on seat on the back, with no main seat in his face so to speak.

Seriously, I sooo wish I had known NOT to buy the kit.

I've since made 5 or 6 sets of straps for friends (again, $10 bucks)... works great. :thumbsup:

hth's

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I just sold my E3V2, but I used it in carseat/toddler mode all the time.

I had a Snugride and it went in the bassinet and my 3yr old went up front in the toddler seat. You have to load the Snugride in first and then the 3yr old up front.

I also tested it out with the SS1 and again, fits great. The sides of the bassinet do bulge out from the handle on the infant seat, but that's not hurting anything. ;)

I usually had the handle in the position directly in line with the shell of the Snugride/SS1, that seemed to work the best. :)

seamonkeys

By the way, you don't need to buy the car seat adapter kit. You can make your own for about $10. Go have a look at the straps that come with the "kit". Simple strap material and 2 butterfly clips. You don't need the metal bar to use the stroller in travel system mode either, and actually when using it in "car seat / toddler mode" you sort of can't use the bar.

Just keep the napper bar on the stroller, leave the seat FULLY upright -- not reclined or unzipped, set the car seat on, and run the straps through the belt guides on the car seat. Then your toddler can sit normally in the add-on seat on the back, with no main seat in his face so to speak.

Oh yeah, I didn't buy the adapter kit either! ;) But I found the SR didn't sit right unless I unzipped the seat. So really that's all I did! And my tall DS still fit in the back if he was desperate to ride! Finally near the end of using the carseat I decided to buy a bungee cord to help strap the seat down - mainly because I started walking our reservoir and it has some steep hills.

I'm still torn on what seat to get this time! I'm really thinking I should go with a SS1 because of it's better overall compatibility, but I don't like the new buckle they've got on the Graco's, or the head support. But I really like both of those features on the KF! Luckily I've got a few months to decide!

canadiangie

What's the new buckle like? I haven't seen it yet I guess.

The head hugger... do you prefer the more U shaped one or the more O shaped one? And why is it that some models come with one style head hugger and other models come with the other style head hugger? Or is it a DOM thing?

seamonkeys

What's the new buckle like? I haven't seen it yet I guess.

The head hugger... do you prefer the more U shaped one or the more O shaped one? And why is it that some models come with one style head hugger and other models come with the other style head hugger? Or is it a DOM thing?

All the ones I've looked at have the buckle like on the Nautilus - which I don't like. And I don't like the head support that is u-shaped - but only a few models come with the other style (that's similar to KF's) and include an infant support part. I have no idea why they aren't all the same! I wish they were all the newer style!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC