I got the flyer for my carseat check!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Woohoo! I finally got the flyer for the check I'm going to work after my class (the week of the 26th) so I can finally hand it out at work. I'm really hoping to see a lot of my parents there and my friends as well. I'm so excited, I can't wait! It's at BRU too so that's going to be nice to get new parents as they come out, etc, and be able to tell people to go buy a new seat. lol

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yay!

BTW, today I helped a mom at Leila's Nursery school.... Another mom called in, left a message with the teacher for this other mom to please driver her daughter -- no carseat/booster :eek: I offered for her to borrow our spare StarRiserComfy; at 1st she said it wasn't necessary, but I persisted :) I explained that I'm getting my certification soon & jokingly said she could call me the Carseat Nazi if she wanted, LOL -- it broke the ice *GRIN* So, she asked where/how to use it ... she has 2 of her own + 2 other kids everyday + the "new" girl ... she was going to us it or the other booster with a lap belt *AIYAIYAI* but I helped her move the harness seat in the middle so both boostered kids are outboard & I showed her how to put all her weight into the seat & check that it's secure ... then I fixed the other harness seats in the captains chairs because they were obviously loose & also had the chance to explain that kiddo was right & it's safest to take his coat off *WINK* I'd managed to squeez in the fact that although 99% of parents believe their carseats are used correctly 80% have about 3 fatal misuse errors & convinced her to stop at the local Fire Station for a free check on her way out since it's only a couple blocks away!!! :D

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Does anyone else think this harness is loose:

ChristopherJacen082.jpg

Mom says the hospital "checked" it & a technician just today also said it was fine ... but also said baby has on many layers of thick clothes :eek:

I mean, there's nothing more I can do, really, since it's just a mom in another forum (this is her public signature) -- but, I want to know if I'm crazy thinking it looks loose :confused: Shoulder straps aren't even & he's twisting the lap....

Last edited:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
looks loose to me!

Side note:

One of the teachers at school is expecting her first grandchild. She knows I'm a car seat nut---so her daughter wanted recs from me---They got a Snug Ride with a 5 pt harness. She's due in a month and has dropped and they are expecting a big one!

They just got their seat over the weekend...and I'll be installing the seat for them soon. Yeah I'm excited.

I'm a dork---but who cares!

Susan

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
When I see a siggy like that, I pm the person w/ my concerns. I've had all but 1 person take it kindly. lol That person went nuts on me and said so and so state trooper checked it etc, whatever. I had a friend who posted pics of her son w/ the bundle me in it and the nuzzler and the nurses at the hospital called his carseat perfect! Thankfully we're pretty good friends and I was able to point out her errors as a friend. She sent me a pic a few days later, still w/ the Bundle me, but he looked 100% better! :) I also gave her the link to get her seats checked and she was going to do it.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
*WHEW* she PM'd me back saying that picture was taken before her check & it's all fine now :rolleyes: I said that was a relief, but also asked her to try to update the picture so other parents have a better example :cool: Aren't his eyes just so cool, though???

Oh, also: congrats to your friend & happy carseat helping to SusanMae! :D

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
UGH!!!!!! Major obstacle.... The remodeling is in a serious state of dangerous chaos & we can't have Leila running around the building, so he can't babysit for me (he needs to keep going on the remodeling as well as making phone call interviews, etc.) -- looks like I'm going to beg my parents, cousin, SD's mom and/or look for a drop in daycare option :( *SIGH*

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm still working on childcare for the boys next week too! Ugh! I need to call Dh's cousin today to see if she can take them one day. Everyone I know has small kids and I don't want to overwhelm them w/ too many. My friend has 3 and one is only 5 mos so I'd hate to drive her nuts. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC