Question Radian cover questions

ADS

grumpybear

I've had the SuperCool for over a year now and no fading from what I see except for some fraying and that warning label on the seat is pretty much detached now. I just attribute it to normal wear and tear.
We also have the Monaco (a few months younger than our SuperCool) and it hasn't faded either but we rarely use it as it's the one in my DH's vehicle which we only use if we're carrying big loads.

northernmommy

Our Princess cover is a bit faded, in the bum area...not really sure why...maybe dd is wiggling the pattern off? LOL. But, no, I haven't talked to SKJP about it...maybe I should.

solmama

We have a granite65 with bad cover fade. It's truly ugly. But, we've had it for 2+ years, and for the first 6 mos of it's life, it sat in direct sun in our vehicle(we have one with tinted windows now). I don't mind as it's a secondary seat installed in a car that is much, much uglier than the cover itself.

cdncasper

I am wondering if it is just the granite65 ones that fade. I have both of mine outboard in my civic with no tint and both of the covers on the window side are now fading to a lovely brown colour YUCK. I have only had them for about a year and only in this car since Nov, before they were in a tinted caravan. I am not happy

AllieCanada

We have a Granite cover with BAD fading. I didn't realise how bad it was until I compared it to the replacement they sent me. The black is an almost brown/grey colour now and not related to the fading but my airbag warning is fraying. I don't see how the cover could last the lifespan of the seat without replacement

Here's the colour difference
radianfade.jpg

If your cover is faded I would definitely contact SK. I emailed Russ and he sent me a replacement cover.

Last edited:

BudgieStew

I have all four of the Radain65 covers(the Grey is in a closet though) no fading that I can tell. Course they have spent most of their life in cars with tinted windows.

canadianmom2three

Mine was in mint condition when I loaned it to a neighbour (it sat in the middle of the middle row in my tinted window van). It sat in the middle rear of his car in direct sunlight for less than a year, and I just got it back from him in EXTREMELY faded condition. It looks horrible ugly and brown:(..... Maybe I will email Russ as well, that was a pretty short time period for that much fading to occur.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
April I have a Granite that I have been using for about 6mths and just noticed that the top of it is starting to fade to the ugly shade of brown :(

Did you ontact SKJP?

Last edited:

Misty-Bug

am I the only one whose airbag label has come completely off??

my covers seem fine. I will have to check the one in Phil's ttruck though

cdncasper

No I haven't contacted SKJP yet though I do plan on doing it this week. I am really starting to get sick of looking at that cover.

Kat_Momof3

our champagne color isn't faded that I can tell... but we have very dark windows on both vehicles, but especially dh's, where it is installed, so maybe that is why??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC