Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Stroller Suggestions...

Does anyone have an suggestions...I am looking for an umbrella stroller $75.00 or less but I don't want one of those $9.99 versions. I'd like it to have a little something to it. It is just a 2nd stroller that I can take with me on quick errands. I've been looking at the Kolcraft Jeep Wrangler All-Weather Stroller but the reviews of that are so mixed, I'm not sure about it. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I have yet to see a decent umbrella-type stroller for much under $75, but the Chicco Capri appears to be ok at $60. You can get a MacLaren Volo for $100 though.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst
    I have yet to see a decent umbrella-type stroller for much under $75, but the Chicco Capri appears to be ok at $60. You can get a MacLaren Volo for $100 though.
    The Combi Cosmo is under $60 in the basic ST version. The $100 DX/EX version was recommended by Baby Bargains Book.

Moderator - CPST Instructor mom2acrew's Avatar
    I would take a look at these two a Silver Cross Micro and a Mac Volo, the volo listed here is less $ because it is an older model w/out a hood. Ebay also has great deals on Volos

http://www.specialtybaby.com/sicrmilistin.html
    http://www.specialtybaby.com/ma20voumstin.html

The Kolcrafts don't tend to hold up as well, have shorted handles and a 35# weight limit. The Chicco Capri has low weight limit as well but comes w/ lots of extras, rain shield, travel bag and carry strap so it depends on what you are looking for.

Good luck!
    Jodi, Mom to 4 soon 5

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2acrew
    I would take a look at these two a Silver Cross Micro and a Mac Volo, the volo listed here is less $ because it is an older model w/out a hood. Ebay also has great deals on Volos

http://www.specialtybaby.com/sicrmilistin.html
    http://www.specialtybaby.com/ma20voumstin.html

The Kolcrafts don't tend to hold up as well, have shorted handles and a 35# weight limit. The Chicco Capri has low weight limit as well but comes w/ lots of extras, rain shield, travel bag and carry strap so it depends on what you are looking for.

Good luck!
    Jodi, Mom to 4 soon 5
    Speaking of the Micro, I happened on this deal a few days ago:

http://www.ohbabygift.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=MIC

$99 and there is a 11% discount coupon code nextjump but I'm not sure if it stacks with the sale price.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar
    I love my Maclaren umbrella stroller, which I got on eBay for about $75. There's also the Stroller Swap on Yahoo Groups.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

I really need to get an umbrella stroller as well. I have a super cheap one (literally $6 at a resale shop, but I bought it for Joyjoy to use a doll stroller 'cause I knew she'd try to sit in it. lol)
    Anyway, my Graco Air 6 takes up too much room in the cargo area of the Jeep. It wouldn't be an issue if I didn't get her in an out through the liftgate, but I do. lol
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

I may be selling a 5-6 year old Combi Savvy Z in a week or two, once its replacement arrives. It works well, but a couple minor pieces are broken or missing. It's 7-8 pounds and folds pretty small- definitely a step above the $10 Walmart ones even though it's used.

good to know. I think by the time dh is ready to spend the money you'll have found another buyer tho, since we have to buy 2 Parkways in orer to get the kids in the back seat of the Jeep. lol
    - Denis Waitley