More Pictures of the Burned Seats from the Van at Walmart

Lilsid

Here are some pictures I took today at the tow lot. The Cowmooflage seat suffered so much damage. The plastic is bubbled, the cover is burned and melted and the straps are melted in the seat area. I did take the seats. We took plenty of pictures. I sent all the pictures of the burned seats to Britax also.

DSCF2044.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2059.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

ADS

Lilsid

The Cowmooclage and the All star Blue had never been washed they were new. The Regent was washed 2 times.

BW1426

Lilsid, can we have permisson to repost the pics of the burned carseats when people ask why aftermarket covers are a bad idea?

Ali

With the amount of destruction to your van, it is amazing how well the seats stood up to the fire!

In the 2nd picture, it's kind of creepy you can see a hand.

courtfrog2

I just feel like crying for you! I'm so sorry that this happened. Your poor kids having to see this.

Let us know what Britax says.

Again... I'm so sorry!

Mama!

I'll bet you Britax will want those seats back ASAP. Not every day that seats get burned like that.

And I'd bet they'd replace your new ones.

Lilsid

The second picture does have my DH's hand in it he was taking the seats out. He was in the 2nd row taking the All star blue out.

I wonder what Britax will say. My insuance does not want to cover them. Its going to be a fight. They want my home owners to cover it. But they were in my Car!! I am just tired and everytime I close my eyes I see the burned van.

Lilsid

As far as using the pictures for teaching others fire safety and why not to use aftermarket covers, Go ahead. I will email anyone them if you want them that way. Just PM me.

Melizerd

I wonder what Britax will say. My insuance does not want to cover them. Its going to be a fight. They want my home owners to cover it. But they were in my Car!! I am just tired and everytime I close my eyes I see the burned van.

uhh MAYBE (big maybe) if it happened in your driveway then I could see Home owner's insurance but you were at Walmart (obviously NOT where you live, or your hiding something ;p)
:hitselfonhead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC