Am I crazy to buy another quattro tour??

mominabigtruck

I really miss my quattro tour, I sold it when I bought a P3 which I didn't like at all and now I think I need another one. Basically I need something for walking around town with a BIG basket because normally we go to the post office and library and stop at the grocery store too and that seems to be the only thing that fits the bill.

I have a quattro tour duo that sits on my porch that I use very rarely just because Dallas is just too big but it works for when I load it down to have a picnic at the park.

Plus I can usually find them on cl for less then $50. Of course I really loved my windsor pattern:whistle:

ADS

lorinick

Why not buy a jogger? Or maybe a Graco Metro lite. I wouldn't buy a Quattro ever. I think it's just to big and heavy. Why didn't you like the P3? I have a Graco Metro and love it. Also have a Mac Quest. Light weight is what it's all about for me. Now considering a City Mini jogger for rougher terrain. I do not jog.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love my Quattro, but I love my Pliko lite also. The Quattro does a lot a small stroller can't. Go for it!

mominabigtruck

For me the p3 just wasn't heavy duty enough and the basket is teeny weensy for a stroller that size. The metro lite is just yuck, it just seems really wobbly and I don't like that the fabric doesn't come completely off for washing.

I have a techno classic that I love that I use when I'm out but I need some big and heavy duty for at home. Size isn't an issue for me because it will stay on my front porch when I'm not using it. I need something that can handle me offroading and that will actually hold my kids plus all the stuff that goes in the basket. And yes I'm a sucker for cupholders:whistle:

lovinwaves

Well, apparently someone on strollerswap saw one at her local TjMaxx for $130. I also found them online for $199.

And to answer your original question...I don't think your crazy. I really didn't despise my Quattro until I got my hand on other high end strollers. But, then I realized how much I left behind with my Quattro. Big basket, Parent convenience organizer, child tray/cup holder, etc...

I think it just depends on what YOU need. Sounds like the Quattro is perfect for you. It's very durable, fairly easy to push, and god love the basket :love:

mominabigtruck

Have you ever considered a bike trailer?

I don't own a bike. Does that make me a bad person:eek:

I do really, really love my new techno, but if they stuck some cupholders on it and made the basket a tad bigger I would buy a couple. Seriously, if I'm out and about I have a drink and usually a pretzel too and there's no where to put it on the techno.

stjemmes

Your post made me laugh because I got a quattro for a baby shower gift and like but wish I still had my P3. WHY OH WHY did I sell that stroller? Oh yeah I thought I was done having kids:rolleyes: Now the DH won't let me buy a new one cause I still have the quattro,cheap fold up, Peg Perego Milino(sp) and bike trailer.

What is the stroller swap site mentioned? I would like to see that.:thumbsup:

Marinesfamily5

Your post made me laugh because I got a quattro for a baby shower gift and like but wish I still had my P3. WHY OH WHY did I sell that stroller? Oh yeah I thought I was done having kids:rolleyes: Now the DH won't let me buy a new one cause I still have the quattro,cheap fold up, Peg Perego Milino(sp) and bike trailer.

What is the stroller swap site mentioned? I would like to see that.:thumbsup:

ooo me too!

OP: your not crazy... your a mom (same differance?)

ZephyrBlue

I don't think it's crazy at all- I love my Quattro Tour Deluxe! It's the only non-snobby stroller that I've ever owned :eek: and it's awesome for the mall. Plus I paid $65 at Target for it when it was 50% off

vonfirmath

Why not buy a jogger? Or maybe a Graco Metro lite. I wouldn't buy a Quattro ever. I think it's just to big and heavy. Why didn't you like the P3? I have a Graco Metro and love it. Also have a Mac Quest. Light weight is what it's all about for me. Now considering a City Mini jogger for rougher terrain. I do not jog.

The City Mini is NOT a jogging stroller. You'll need at least the City Standard for that.

lovemybabies924

i loved my quattro tour but i needed it for trips to the mall etc...it was getting ruined from being slammed into my trunk so i sold it :( if u can get one cheap go 4 it!!! but if u want a great deal on the peg perego check albeebaby.com.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC