Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

mikmaksmommy

Height limit???

I have the FPSE for my daughter. She is very tall for her age (35.5 inches at 20 months). I know there are height limits as well as weight limits for car seats although you never hear of the height limit. She will reach the height limit WAY before the weight. Do any of you know where I can find the height limits of her seat? It isn't in the instruction manual.

Thanks
    Shari

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

UlrikeDG

Rear facing and front facing height limits...

A rear facing seat is outgrown by height when the child has less than 1" of seat above the top of his/her head.

A front facing seat is outgrown by height if the tips of his/her ears are above the top of the seat *or* if the child's shoulders are above the top harness slots, which ever comes first.

I'll leave this post in this forum for now so you'll see the response(s), but sometime in the coming week, it will be moved to the Car Seat forum.

Pina

Height Limits

I've noticed that many height limits are listed on a sticker on the car seat (often in a hard to see location). Also sometimes the info in the manual varies from the sticker.

carsafety

Good point-

The manuals are always the first and best resource. If there is a conflict with the manual and labeling, you should contact the manufacturer for a clarification.