Buy them soon or wait?

mybabysmomma

I'm going to be buying Radians for my 2 toddlers and I need to get them before Sept 9 when we move back overseas (we're military, it's legal lol!)

Anyway I have promised both of my Decathlons to good friends. One friend will need hers about a month and the other will need hers before her due date, which is at the end of August.

My problem is this: Do I buy the Radians soonish or do I wait to see if the "new and improved" seats come out before we leave? If I wait, the kids can ride in the spare Sceneras I have for each of them between the time my friends need their current seats and the time the Radians would come in, which doesn't exactly make me happy but I'll deal.

I just have this feeling that the "new and improved" seats won't ever come out and I'll be left scrambling to get the regular radians or they will come out like 2 days after we leave... which would seriously make me irritated. If they did come out before we left, what do you think the chances are of me getting my hands on two of them? Or the chances of a retailer actually sending me the new ones? Or the chances of me actually finding the seats in a real store so I don't have to worry about shipping time...?

WWYD? Thanks so much!

PS. I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place... sorry if it's not. I'll blame the sleep deprivation for my lack of following the rules ;)

ADS

BW1426

If it were me, I'd wait out July.

I haven't seen a time when Walmart.com has been out of the Radian 80. It seems to be the granite 65 that is out of stock.

On August 1, if the new ones aren't out, I'd contact Russ at Sunshine Kids and ask him if/when they were going to be released. If they won't be out in time I'd get two of the "old" ones.

My Radian from walmart.com took less than a week to get here as did a friends.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Hmmmm, I think I might give it some time. If August rolls around and there is not sign of them, I would go ahead and buy. The last thing you want to be doing the weeks before you leave is stressing over seats.

U

Unregistered1

Where overseas are you moving? If it's Sweden, i'd buy seats there :p

mybabysmomma

Where overseas are you moving? If it's Sweden, i'd buy seats there :p

hehe, no, I wish though!

We are going back to Germany and I'm not so much of a fan of their seats... They just aren't cute :p KIDDING! I don't like that they don't RF very long. My oldest (who's almost 3 and still RFing) would have outgrown their seats RFing and my youngest would be getting close and she's not nearly 2 yet. That just doesn't fly with me.

Thanks everyone for your input! I keep forgetting it's only the beginning of July... I keep getting ahead of myself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC