Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Buy them soon or wait?

I'm going to be buying Radians for my 2 toddlers and I need to get them before Sept 9 when we move back overseas (we're military, it's legal lol!)

Anyway I have promised both of my Decathlons to good friends. One friend will need hers about a month and the other will need hers before her due date, which is at the end of August.

My problem is this: Do I buy the Radians soonish or do I wait to see if the "new and improved" seats come out before we leave? If I wait, the kids can ride in the spare Sceneras I have for each of them between the time my friends need their current seats and the time the Radians would come in, which doesn't exactly make me happy but I'll deal.

I just have this feeling that the "new and improved" seats won't ever come out and I'll be left scrambling to get the regular radians or they will come out like 2 days after we leave... which would seriously make me irritated. If they did come out before we left, what do you think the chances are of me getting my hands on two of them? Or the chances of a retailer actually sending me the new ones? Or the chances of me actually finding the seats in a real store so I don't have to worry about shipping time...?

WWYD? Thanks so much!

PS. I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place... sorry if it's not. I'll blame the sleep deprivation for my lack of following the rules

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Buy them soon or wait?

If it were me, I'd wait out July.

I haven't seen a time when Walmart.com has been out of the Radian 80. It seems to be the granite 65 that is out of stock.

On August 1, if the new ones aren't out, I'd contact Russ at Sunshine Kids and ask him if/when they were going to be released. If they won't be out in time I'd get two of the "old" ones.

My Radian from walmart.com took less than a week to get here as did a friends.

CPS Technician

Hmmmm, I think I might give it some time. If August rolls around and there is not sign of them, I would go ahead and buy. The last thing you want to be doing the weeks before you leave is stressing over seats.
    Tanya

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
    Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster

Unregistered1

Where overseas are you moving? If it's Sweden, i'd buy seats there

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MissKatie View Post
    Where overseas are you moving? If it's Sweden, i'd buy seats there
    hehe, no, I wish though!

We are going back to Germany and I'm not so much of a fan of their seats... They just aren't cute KIDDING! I don't like that they don't RF very long. My oldest (who's almost 3 and still RFing) would have outgrown their seats RFing and my youngest would be getting close and she's not nearly 2 yet. That just doesn't fly with me.

Thanks everyone for your input! I keep forgetting it's only the beginning of July... I keep getting ahead of myself.