Comparison photos of big 7yo and average 6yo in Nautilus and Regent

scatterbunny

Since so many folks are curious about how the Graco Nautilus and Britax Regent (post-advisory) compare for harness height and overall fit, AndieW and I took some pics of our kids in both seats last week.

Here's my H, 52.5 inches tall and 60 pounds (ignore the loose straps and low chest clip on the Nautilus; this was just for picture purposes ;) ):

HayleyNautilus2.jpg
HayleyNautilus1.jpg
HayleyRegent.jpg

And here's Andie's son, about 46 inches tall and 48 pounds, in the Regent (somehow I didn't end up with any of him in the Nauti, hopefully Andie can post them when she sees this thread, but he's got an inch to go in the Nauti, maybe a smidge more, but he's got at least an inch in the Regent's SECOND-to-top slots; and he didn't fuss at all about sitting in a pink seat; his mom promised she'd make the pics black-and-white :ROTFLMAO: ):

AlinRegent2.jpg
AlinRegent.jpg

ADS

Ali

Thanks for the comparisons! I'm still debating for our spare seat (I would put one of our MAs at the in-laws and keep the new seat) since DD outgrew the Titan FF. DD loves the Madison Regent because of your DD in your siggie. :D

Stretchy Glue

Seeing your H in the Nautilus makes me 100% certain it's not worth hunting down for me. I just wanted to see how my H would fit in it, but as with all seats, just like yours.

scatterbunny

Yep, Joni, I think your H's torso was a smidge taller than my H's awhile back, but since her last growth spurt was ALL torso, I bet they are about the exact same now. :p

Jacks

I'm so happy we got the Regent now!! We LOVE it and it was a breeze to install. Jack is just even with the top slots of the GN and is only on the second to top slot of the Regent. Anyone know which booster has the highest belt guides? (I'm thinking ahead :whistle:) Thanks so much for doing this Jenny. Oh and Jenny... do you know how the Frontier compares in terms of harness height and width of the overall seat?

scatterbunny

IME, the tallest boosters are the Recaro Start, Recaro Vivo/Vivo Lite, Britax Parkway, and Sunshine Kids Monterey. I haven't seen a Jane Indy/Indy Plus in person yet, but another tech I know measured the belt guide on highest setting at 22", which means it's right up there with the Britax/Recaro/Sunshine Kids boosters.

I haven't tried H in a Frontier yet, but based on the measurements and posts of others on this board, I think the Frontier's top harness slots are actually a hair lower than the Nautilus; if anything, they are the same, definitely not taller. But the Frontier in booster mode is way taller than any other highback booster on the market. Sorry I don't have more info/opinions on the Frontier; I'm making a trip to the city on Tuesday, hoping to be able to stop at the high-end store that should have the Frontier in stock. :D

Jacks

Can't wait!!! I'm wondering if we should sell our Nauti and get the Frontier just so Jack can be in a HBB longer when the time comes. Want one that latches. I wish the harness was higher. :( I'll be curious about the comparison between the Nauti booster and Frontier booster. Oh and Jenny, my friend bought the Turbobooster for her son and both LOVE it. Would not have necessarily been my choice but at least he is in a HBB instead of a LBB. Thanks!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My son is the same size as Andie's son, and fits about the same as he does in the Regent. (Andie's son must be leggy, too!) For reference, here's how my DS fits in the Nautilus:

Nautiluswithharness.jpg

Nautilusslots.jpg

These pics are from about 6 weeks ago, using the second-to-top slots. I just moved him to the top slots this evening when I moved the car seat from my parents' car. (They had him for the weekend. :love:)

scatterbunny

Andie's son is JUST over the second-to-top slots on the Nauti, so he's got to use the top slots. :)

As far as how the Nauti and Frontier compare in booster mode, all I know is that the Nauti adjusts about the same height as the other Graco boosters (Turbo and Air), which is about the same as a Compass B510, and shorter than the Recaro Start/Vivo/Vivo Lite and Britax Parkway, and MUCH shorter than the Frontier (for reference, the Parkway measures 21-22", the Frontier 24", the Graco boosters more like 20"). The Frontier is SERIOUSLY tall as a booster.

Andie

I had to go out and take some pics. :p I didn't have any in the car. After dinner I will post them. :)

Jacks

Are the Nauti and the Montery the only latchable boosters? Anyone else besides Albee Baby selling the Parkway? I remember a post a few weeks ago but can't find it. Sorry to hj the thread for a minute. Thought someone might know w/o starting a new thread.

zactayaus

I'll be curious about the comparison between the Nauti booster and Frontier booster.

Here's pics of my 10yo dd in the NAuti and Frontier in highest booster mode. She has a 17 3/4 in torso.

100_1811.jpg

100_1813.jpg

Edited to add pic of the turbo in highest setting.

100_1810.jpg

Last edited:

scatterbunny

Are the Nauti and the Montery the only latchable boosters? Anyone else besides Albee Baby selling the Parkway? I remember a post a few weeks ago but can't find it. Sorry to hj the thread for a minute. Thought someone might know w/o starting a new thread.

The Nautilus and Frontier can be LATCHed in booster mode, and the Monterey and Jane Indy Plus can be LATCHed. The Indy Plus is the only highback booster that has rigid LATCH, to my knowledge. The others have flexible LATCH straps.

Albee Baby has the college Parkways for $59.99, and also Baby Love has Brownstone, Onyx and Express for $69.99.

U

Unregistered1

My GN goes probably a good 2" higher than my TB in booster mode... just to throw that in there. I sat M in both last week when I noticed she was even with the belt guides on the TB.

Andie

Seatincaredit.jpg

Don't mind the giant marshmallow in his hand.. :whistle:
Or the chest clip not right, we weren't moving. ;)

shoulder.jpg

He's got a good amount of room to grow in this seat.

He is 45", 15.25" torso (about 1 mo ago), and 48 pounds

And Jenny, I totally don't mind stopping to check out seats on Tuesday. ;)

Andie

I need to measure his torso next time you're here. I swear he's got to be more like 16", but maybe not!

He's so wiggly, it's hard to get him measured! Plus, that was last month, and he's grown a bit. We'll find out Tuesday, I guess!

scatterbunny

If we have time on Tuesday, do you want to drive into Beaverton to Segal's and check out the Radian and Frontier (and whatever else they have that's really cool :cool: )?

Kat_Momof3

Just goes to show that the car in question can make a big difference.

For some reason, We lose over an inch in the Regent in my van... but we lose less than that on the Nautilus... so Jeffrey was too tall for the Regent when we got the Nautilus and had room to go in the Nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC