Non-standard expiry dates?

Stretchy Glue

The majority of the manufacturers out there have a 6 year life span for their seats, with a handful of exceptions. I'm trying to compile a list of seats that do not expire in 6 years, can you help me out?

Here's what I have so far:

Peg Perego--5 years
Sunshine Kids Radian--7 years
Evenflo Right Fit--infinite
Graco Nautilus (backless)--9 years
Britax Frontier--9 years(right?)
Dorel "all in one" seats--7 years

What other seats have an expiry other than 6 years? Recaro?

(I'll share my document when I'm done creating it)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Recaro is six years.

The Radians are eight years.

The Dorel 3 in 1s are eight years.

The True Fit is seven years.

The Frontier is nine.

The harness and high back of the Nautilus are six, the low back nine (I think it'd be important to specifically say that so people don't glaze over it).

Wendy

Stretchy Glue

Thanks Wendy. Too many of them are non standard, and don't come in with manuals. I'm sort of making a cheat sheet (like Lisa's handle sheet) for clinics.

U

Unregistered1

Isn't the Recaro Start (booster) 8 years?

& I believe the Safety 1st Uptown is 8 years too.

You probably knew this but some seats also don't expire until December of the 6th year, rather than exactly 6 years from the DOM. Not sure which ones these are, it's kind of hit and miss it seems.

Stretchy Glue

Thanks. I have something made now with all the "special" expiries, and some quotes from here and Safety Belt Safe on expiration. It could now be used as a flyer at clinics too.

Melizerd

oh I'd love to have a cheat sheet like that too. It's so hard to be 100% sure I've got everything right.

emars002

Isn't the Recaro Start (booster) 8 years?

& I believe the Safety 1st Uptown is 8 years too.

You probably knew this but some seats also don't expire until December of the 6th year, rather than exactly 6 years from the DOM. Not sure which ones these are, it's kind of hit and miss it seems.

my graco snug ride was dec of the 6th year. my safety 1st uptown -had a DOM of 4/15/08 but an exp. date of dec. 2016 so i guess 8 yr on the dec.
What's with the december thing?

U

Unregistered1

my graco snug ride was dec of the 6th year. my safety 1st uptown -had a DOM of 4/15/08 but an exp. date of dec. 2016 so i guess 8 yr on the dec.
What's with the december thing?

I am guessing that car seat manufacturers thought it would be more simple to make them all expire at the end of the year... and that way they don't have to stamp a different expiration date on every seat... unfortunately they've been messing up a bit and giving seats longer than 6 or even 7 year lives. I would not use a seat past 7 years if the standard expiration for that seat is Dec. of the 6th year... and would be iffy about even using it between its 6th birthday and December.

And yes, that sounds right about the uptown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC