Safety first forerunner with latch?

M

Mclaughlin

Safety first forerunner with latch?

I'm looking for opinions on this seat...

I require,
a) a convertible
b) one with latch so i can finally use this feature found in my vehicle
c) that is fairly narrow, this is why this is my first choice
to start with, since this seat is placed beside others

The seat is for a toddler who is about 31 pounds and just 3. Also i will comment long term use isn't a concern, if another seat is needed before 40 pounds that is ok, i prefer the head support found in a convertible as opposed to a combo model.

I also noticed this model(forerunner) appears to have quite a different buckle style than other cosco seats is that an improvement or just for looks.

Thank you for your input :)

ADS
P

pina

I have the same questions as you do!

I've done quite a bit of research and I too have narrowed down my choice to the Safety first forerunner because it's narrow, well padded, has 3 position buckle, suitable height and weight limits and the new Latch system plus more. My only problem is that I haven't been able to find any reviews of this car seat and I'm not sure if it's worth the higher price compared to others. If anyone can offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot.

C

carsafety

Re: I have the same questions as you do!

The Safety 1st Forerunner is similar to the Cosco Triad and the Cosco Touriva. It uses the same shell, but has some minor changes with a nicer cover and newer buckle system.

The Touriva is a very good budget seat that tends to fit a wide range of children and vehicles. As a budget seat, it also lacks many convenience features found in pricier models. The Triad and Forerunner are a bit more upscale. They are certainly safe when used properly, but only you can decide if they have the features that will help you use them properly every time. If you like it, go ahead and try it, but as with any carseat make sure you have a good return policy in case you find it doesn't work well for you. You can also have it checked by a technician for free before you return it, please visit our "Free Carseat Inspection" resource link under the top banner.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC