Do you know anyone more carseat obsessed than you?

ProudMomof5

I am talking about in real life. Of everyone you know, all your friends and family, are you the most obsessed, or do you know someone who is even more obsessed?
LOL
You can't count other people on this board... well, you can in you are actually friends in real life. :)

I got thinking about it and on this board I am probably about average obsessed. lol, BUT in real life I am way over the top.
People just look at me and smile and nod. Or get really quiet. haha. People say all the time to me, couldn't DD#1 (9y, 55lbs) just sit in a regular seat? yeah. Um, NO.

I have only one friend in real life that is about where I am, but I am telling you that is rare! So, I was just wondering what all your experiences were with this.

ADS

Loves2sing

Yes, but I won't say who, because she is on this board.:whistle: (Although I am sure she knows I mean her anyway. lol)

She's the one who got me hooked. Besides us, everyone else could hardly care less.

wendy1221

I know someone who is AS obsessed with me. I don' tthink either of us is over the top, though. It's always fun when we meet up outside nad check out each other's seats, though. ROFL! Hi, Gwen, if you're reading!

featherhead

I just found out one of my friends is concerned about car seats as well. (I'm not sure if she's obsessed yet:)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Possibly Jeanum, but since I met her through the BabyCenter car seat board, I won't count her. And I don't think we're over the top! Just ... passionate. :p

I don't really know anyone in real life who cares a lot about car seats. Although my sister DID just tell me that she's planning to take the CPST class as soon as she can! (But she won't be as ... er ... passionate as we are, I know.)

U

Unregistered1

I have a friend who is concerned, helped peak my interest at first, but I've surpassed her in the obsessed category. That was obvious when I was explaining the issue with the Touriva notches and the Scenera spikes to her the other day.

NVMBR02

I have one friend who is concerned, but none that are obsessed. My sister is doing great and is even putting y almost 5 year old nephew back in a harness for his primary seat. I would like him to be in a harnessed seat in the other car he rides in frequently, but that isn't going to happed.

So nope, no one as obsessed as me. :cool:

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I know one person who is quite possibly more obsessed than I am. She's much more vocal about it anyways. :D And no, she's not on this board. Not that I know of anyways.

There's one other mom I know who is as concerned as I am but not necessarily as educated to be as obsessed. I know that makes no sense whatsoever. She wants her kids to be as safe as possible in the car, her 6, 4, and 3 year old are still harnessed and all will be for a while still. I'm pretty sure she'll keep her 6 year old in the regent until she outgrows it. She just doesn't have the time or energy to keep up with any other seats other than her own. So when her sister came to the house with her 3 year old using a combo seat as a booster, she of course told her that's not safe and to put the harness back on. Of course, what she didn't factor in is that this 3 year old is a lot bigger than her own and that seat only harnesses to 40 lbs as opposed to her 65 lb MAs and decathalon and her 80 lb regents. She tried though. :whistle:

My mother, however, calls it "useless knowledge". She's supportive though.

Tammyfh

Not in RL ;) most of you have me beat here, but I'm still new!

I thought I had an obsessed friend... before ds was born she kept telling me all the stuff I HAVE to do and sounded like she knew what she was talking about. She was always doing research etc... well I found out about 75% of what she said was wrong. Now she's dumb founded that ds (14 months 24lbs) is still rearfacing. Sometimes I wish I knew where she was getting her info. She's not one to ever admit she could be wrong so it can be fun ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The closest anyone in my neighborhood can get is my neighbor who kept her dd in a booster till 6th grade...of course she's out of it now and still wearing size 7 pants, but I'm not going to get on her case about it :eek:

At least Skaterbabs lives 'near' me so we can be the craziest carseat gals in town, I'm not totally alone :whistle:

minismom

No way! not even concerned about car seats, let alone obsessed...

They're about to make carseats mandatory in Brazil for the first time :eek: and people are saying stuff like, what if you have 4 kids, or what if you need to fit 3 kids and a nanny? Uh, duh, you need a third row!

Andie

I know someone who is about the same as me, if not more into seats. She's on this board :happy-wavehello: and is the one who got me here as well. It's really fun for me to have someone that I can go play with seats with. I'm sure her neighbors think we are crazy car seat ladies though. :whistle:

laccaycol

Nope, Nobody cares around here i give them info and they dont do anything about it. They do laugh at me though about all my car seats and stuff but lets just say i hope i dont have to tell them "I told you so" :eek:

Auntie2Avi

No :(. Avi's mom know everything that I have taught her and would not put Avi into a BPB until he outgrows his Regent/Frontier but she is not passionate about it. I did drill it into her head to get her seats as tight as possible, and she will sit in the seat for 10 minutes pulling on the belt to get it tighter, but it is just following my instructions not her doing research.

kittykate

Well, I am pretty low on the obsession scale compared to most here, but I am the car seat nut in my area. I'm the only person that ERF. Most kids I know are turned around the minute they hit 20# or 1 and not a second later and then are put in a booster by three. I try to educate, but it does very little in this corner of the world.

jka1217

AZgirl and I get together for playdates for our DDs...ok, sometimes it's really for car seats. I'd say she's probably more obssessed than me, she has quite the collection of seats!

Other than her, none of my family and friends are really into car seats, although I'm trying to get them more into it. I'm at least educating, so that's a step.

my2kidsSafe

No i thought a friend of ours was, especially since she had MA and then bought her dd a regent, and at the time her soon to be a safeseat. So i thought great i have someone who is like me. Then i heard she was considering putting her 3 year old dd in a booster so she could have more room in the car. She is such a worry wort over everything, and very cautious so i was very surprised. But i gave her some info and even told her to check out this site. I hope i made a difference, and she bought a new van instead, and continues to keep her dd harnessed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC