Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me decide

Unregistered1

Help me decide

So M needs a new booster ASAP. She's right at the belt guides for the TB and cannot use it backless in my mom's car because the seat backs are too low. I was originally going to get her the Monterey but I'm not convinced I'll get enough use out of it for what I'm going to pay, it doesn't seem to go THAT much higher than the TB. So I'm looking at the Frontier, which I would probably ask for on swap because there's no way I could afford full price, and I know that would last her a long time, but I'm stuck on whether it would really work for us and justifying spending that much money that I really don't have. Would it be too tall for me to see properly out the back window? She has to be behind me because the tether anchor for A is on the other side. She could use the TB for a while in my car but she'll get too tall for that too since I don't have adjustable headrests.

I haven't five step tested her recently but I know she won't fit. And neither car that she rides in with us has side curtain air bags. She's now 72.5 lbs and 9 years old but nowhere near 4'9". I feel like I'm stuck. I want to get the frontier, try it out, see if it works for us, and if it does keep it, if not swap it... but I'm having trouble justifying buying a super expensive harnessed seat just to use the booster, and probably not for very long. Although I guess with a 9 year lifespan it will still be good when I have kids!

I can't decide!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered1

Re: Help me decide

Thanks admin, you guys are fast!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

I'd say Recaro (for 199 at BRU and an 8 y lifespan), but do you not have a top tether in that position? The Start requires a top tether
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Unregistered1

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    I'd say Recaro (for 199 at BRU and an 8 y lifespan), but do you not have a top tether in that position? The Start requires a top tether
    No I do not, well I have a tether point and could get one installed but my dealership charges $80 per anchor (lame, I know). The car is actually at the dealership now having the first one installed. How high does the back of the Recaro go? Is it as high as the Frontier? Higher than the Monterey?