Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

is this the only one available?

i know its a while off yet but ive been looking for carseats with 5 point harnesses available in the uk for children up to 36 kg. this is the only one i can find but its over 400 pounds. (i know i could easily save up for it by the time we need it ds is onlhy 16 mths old now but still would likek some options to choose from!)

http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/T.../58pol841p.asp

thanks for any help!

petra

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: is this the only one available?

Yup, that´s the only seat in Europe that harnesses to 36 kg. The pricetag is the reason that we imported a Regent from the US

There are several seats that harness to 25 kg in Europe. Most of them even RF to that limit.

Lena
    Fancy a Sitbag?
    Model: Mathias. Car seat: Britax Multi-Tech

ive been thinking about imorting too...
    how did you go about it? did you have any problems?

Carseat Crazy

wow holy expensive, i hope you find something cheaper

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinia View Post
    ive been thinking about imorting too...
    how did you go about it? did you have any problems?

I found a nice lady, who had listed her brand new and never out of the box Regent. I Emailed her to ask, if she would send it to me in Denmark. She aggreed. I paid 217 car seat + 157 shipping USD and another 625 DKR Custom´s Department at Copenhagen Airport. It came to a total of 2600 DKR.

The Traveller Plus costs 7000 DKR and is basically the same seat with only two differences. They are made of the exact same marterials.

Take your pick!

Just to warn you. the Ebay store called Brand Deals write they will ship the seat worldwide. THEY DON`T AND WON`T and they are SO RUDE.

Lena
    Fancy a Sitbag?
    Model: Mathias. Car seat: Britax Multi-Tech

oh thanks! i think i might ask my sisters friend who lives in america for a little help. she comes over quite regularly so think that might be the best option! (just hadnt thought about that before! )
    but yeah, definitely worth it imo, its about lives, not laws after all

Unregistered

http://www.newlifeable.co.uk/product...at-SU8046.html

this website shows the carseat in two available sizes, but i don't know if it was my browser acting funny with the html or me just being a bit dim, but i couldn't find a separate price for the bigger size. goodluck if it is cheaper there!