Frontiers in VW EOS Convertible! (Pictures)

lovinwaves

Dh brought home a potential purchase today. 2008 Volkswagen EOS Convertible

I grabbed the Frontiers and off we went! SBP install (no top tether, so we couldn't use latch. These pictures show LATCH install though)

Here are some pictures of the install, and some 'just for fun' pictures as well :) (sweetheart, DH, took all these pictures for me)

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

BW1426

Re: Frontiers in VW Convertible! (Pictures)

What a perfect fit. Maybe you shouldn't get rid of the frontiers quite yet :whistle:

melniemi

Looks like fun! Cute family:love: - Oh, I like the car too:p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Glad to see the overhang in the front isn't just me......

Very cute! Oh, cute kids too.

Auntie2Avi

The kids are so cute, as usual! Frontiers look like they fit perfectly in the car, I wonder if a Regent would fit with any other seat.

Heather98012

Love it! My dh was talking about this car & since we have Frontiers....I was excited to see the pics. DH actually came in & looked too!! Now, off to research the MPG on the Eos.

lovinwaves

Heather, we averaged about 24.9-25.2, and that is with DH driving where he punches it everytime we take off (btw, it is very easy to peel out in this car :whistle: ) That is also city driving as well, so highway should be much better.

lovinwaves

Any idea how the Frontiers fit with the roof up?!

Perfect. The top goes way above those headrests. I will try and take a picture today with the top up. We will have the car until Saturday, so it shouldn't be a problem. I am also going to try and make some time to put the Radians in there as well. ;)

My sons hand got hit by the top(while he was installed in the carseat) when it was going up (or down, can't remember), so it is very dangerous for kids if they are not watched 100%.

lovinwaves

Wow, Heather, you might want to get some Radians. They went in soooooo easy! And since they are so narrow you have much more hand room near the buckle to install them. Plus, the Radian does so well in frontal head excursion without a top tether. The trade off would be of course the lack of SIP wings like on the Frontier :(

That's a toughy. Side impacts are more fatal, so I say if you could get the Frontiers installed in there well I think I might be more inclined to stay with the Frontiers. It's just that those dang Radians install sooo easy. :shrug-shoulders:

I will get some pictures later. We are heading out right now, for a cruise around town! :D

HEVY

Wow that car has a hard top, don't think I even seen one before.
Cute family! Would like to see matching radians in it.

jmm3

Oooh, very nice!! I want my dh to get one of those so bad. He's considering it for his next car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC