Mazda 5 and the Frontier and True Fit

Debn31

Hello all

I'm back after a good three week hiatus...
Son had his tonsils out. Whoever said kids bounce back faster after that surgery never saw my kid :eek:

But, he's finally feeling better now.

So....I'm still trying to figure things out car seat wise here.

We're likely going to get a Mazda 5 the next year or two.

We'll also be adding a third child to the family (very likely).

The car seats are likely looking like this:

A true fit and a Frontier (getting the Frontier tonight, trying to install in our Toyota Corolla, crossing my fingers)...
Our two year old is fine in the True Fit. We had another True Fit for my four year old, but he went and grew again (what is it with these kids, thinking they can just sprout up when they feel like it?? :p ) - so we returned his True Fit that we were hoping to use until at least the fall so we could have time to compare the Frontier AND the Nautilus (Nautilus comes out in Canada in the fall, sigh...) But he went up and beyond the top slots of the True Fit, and since it can't turn into a booster, we returned it.

Obviously I would like the seats to fit in the Corolla we have now and the Mazda 5.
I know the Frontier is okay in the middle row in the Mazda 5, but has anyone tried them out in the back yet????

How about the True Fit? Anyone know?

I could buy a Nautilus in a year or two for my two year old who'll be 4 then (or close to it) when we get a Mazda 5, which I read installed okay

(uhhh, at least I ASSUMED it does in the backseat, Debbie - (Defrost) - hellllp! Was it backseat???)

With three kids I'll need to put someone back there...

So we could end up with a Frontier for Gigantor (my oldest), a Nautilus for my current youngest child, and then the True Fit could go to the youngest (should we indeed have a third).

I can't bring all seats (currently) to try a Mazda 5, as the Nautilus isn't out here yet.

Any thoughts here?
I'm posting on Canada side too, but wanted as many who might be able to help to see it.

Thanks again!

Deb

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Aw, poor kid - my sister had her tonsils out last year, and while I hear it's not as hard on kids as adults, I know my sister was just MISERABLE, and even if a kid only had a percentage of that misery, it would be bad enough! Glad to hear he's finally feeling better!

The Nautilus does install well in the 3rd row (I assume that's what you mean by backseat?) It doesn't install EASILY, but honestly, not even the Marathon is easy in that 3rd row!

Everything I've tried installs well in the 2nd row. Seriously, that 2nd row is just a breeze!

I haven't tried the Frontier or the True Fit in the 3rd row yet, sorry. If you wanna send me a couple to try out, though, I'd be happy to. :D (J/K!)

I suspect the Frontier will be fine with the long-belt-path - from what I've read, the LBP Frontier's only install issue is if the seat belt is too short, and that's not a problem in Mazda5, in either row.

RF seats seem to do well in the 3rd row, so that's another option - even if the True Fit was incompatible, you could always put the baby back there if necessary. With the other side of the 3rd row folded, you'd have plenty of room to load the baby through the hatch.

Debn31

Yay! I've been checking to see if you saw this post... :D

I wasn't sure if RF true fit would work in 3rd row (yep, that's what I meant).

I really want to get ds back in the harnessed seat, he's in the Graco Turbo booster HB...granted it's only been one day, but you don't know when things could happen. We had our Radian fiasco not more than a month ago, and he was in a True Fit for a month and a half (blew right through that one,he did...) so I just want things settled for a few months, at least.

Now I'll just pray the Frontier installs well in our Corolla.

If not, don't know what I'll do...not much choice then but to leave him in the Turbo booster until the Nautilus is out then, I guess.

Yeah, I had my tonsils out at 26 and it was awful. Worse than giving birth, I swear (and I went natural with kid #2!!!) It felt like I was swallowing glass, and to make it worse, turns out codeine doesn't work at all for me, so essentially the first three days I was almost unmedicated! I went on demerol on day three, MUCH better... :p So, I really really felt the poor guy's pain.
The good news is he is actually sleeping with his mouth closed and breathing through his nose again, first time we've seen that in over 2.5 years!!!

Thanks for all your help, that makes me feel relieved if the Frontier works in our Corolla I can breathe a big sigh of relief!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC