Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Technician

Safeseat only goes to 1 yr?

Is anyone else concerned/confused to as why everything on the Safeseat says 30# and 1 yr? I know in my mind that a child can use it after 1, but what about others? I think if I would read this, I would think my child couldn't use this after 1 even if they fit and would need to move ffing to the SafeSeat 2. Thoughts?
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered
    It's puzzling to me, too. Call me cynical, but it sure seems that Graco is trying to encourage parents to purchase the next carseat in the Graco lineup, the Safeseat 2, without regard to the safety benefits of extended RF in either the infant Safeseat or another convertible seat. I like the infant Safeseat, but the marketing of the Safeseat series of seats doesn't thrill me since the Safeseat 2 is FF only.

Regards,

Jean

I think Jean hit the nail on the head. Graco is actively NOT encouraging , and would go so far as to say actively DISCOURAGING extended RF. Why? That's a good question, but since I had the Graco rep on the CPSP list try to tell me that they're so wonderful with their RF limit of 30 lbs, you have to wonder.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley